twenty three

HEYYYY!!!!! how y'all doin???

ENJOYYYYY!!!

i groan and roll off my bed after spending hours scrolling on my laptop, searching for a job. i walk into the kitchen to see ricky making brunch and he smiles at me.

i stand behind him and wrap my arms around his torso. he holds my hands in front of him, eventually turning around and kissing my lips.

"you okay?", he asks, cupping my face.

"no...", i sigh.

he lifts me up, setting me on the countertop while he stands in between my dangling legs.

"talk to me. what's wrong?", he says, giving me his undivided attention.

i let out a breath, "i can't find a job...and i need to pay rent and go grocery shopping. also my car needs to go for servicing and that costs a whole arm and a leg. not to mention gas prices?! it's so expensive right now."

i feel myself getting worked up and i shut my eyes, taking in a breath to try and calm myself down. i feel his hands on my thighs and i open my eyes, looking at him.

"how much is your rent?", he asks.

i point to the counter behind him where the envelope is sitting. he grabs it and hands it to me. i open it and take the paper out, reading it until i find the price.

"a thousand five hundred.", i groan, rubbing my hands over my face.

he holds my wrists, moving my hands away from my face.

he shakes his head, "don't worry about it baby...i'll take care of it. i'll take your car in for servicing, i'll pay for your gas, i'll pay for groceries. i'll help you pay your rent and i'll help you search for a job."

"ricky—i can't let you do that. that's so much money."

"neens im your boyfriend.", he says, "i'm supposed to take care of you. promise me you won't stress yourself out?"

i nod my head and he smiles at me, pecking my lips. he moves to the side to continue cooking and i remain on the counter, watching him.

"so what do you wanna do? music still?", he asks.

i suck in a breath, shrugging while also nodding my head, "yeah i'd like to...i've been thinking about starting my own business but—"

he looks up at me, "but?"

i sigh, "i don't know how i'm gonna do it. it takes a lot..."

"i'll be glad to help you...if you tell me your ideas.", he chuckles.

"well once i figure them out...i will gladly tell you.", i giggle, hopping off the counter, "but right now i'm supposed to be helping ashlyn plan a wedding."

i grab a small white binder that she gave me, that contains ideas and sketches and practically everything. i sit at the island and open it up, looking through the pages. i bite on the top of my pen as i think through everything.

"brunch is served", ricky says and i look up as he sets a plate in front of me.

i smile at him, "thank you"

he grabs his own plate, sitting down next to me and beginning to eat as well.

"what do you think of this dress?", i ask, showing him a sketch.

he nods, "it's pretty."

"we're getting her a custom made dress..."

"fancy.", he chuckles.