four

hey yall so imma just say- im aware the time difference between bora bora and like la is different- i'm TRYING to make sure it makes sense- cut me some slack puhlease LSJDHS

also i'm still not feeling the BEST mentally so again, i apologize if chapter updates get super slow for a little :(

ENJOY!!

"nini! just relax!", carlos shouts over facetime, "you're overthinking it babe."

"but what if im not!", i argue, "i've seen him three time in the span of two days los!"

"neens...", ej says, "it's not like you're being forced to talk to him. you can ignore him if you want."

"that's just rude though.", i complain, "i don't know."

"well i mean, are there any other coincidences?", ashlyn asks.

"oh yes!", i respond, "the spot he has to work at...literally five feet from my hut."

all my friends go silent and they're just staring at the camera with blank looks.

"well uh-", red says, "that's..."

"yeah.", i breath out, "i know."

"well don't think about it...enjoy your vacation.", ashlyn tells me.

i nod, sighing, "okay well...i'll let y'all get some sleep it's like 2am there. goodnight."

"night neens.", they all say in unison before ending the call.

i fall back on my pillow, moving my legs under the covers of the bed. i put my phone on the side table, plugging it into the charger. shutting the lamp off, i close my eyes and fall into sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"i'm making breakfast right now.", i say.

"you're cooking?!", ej sarcastically gasps.

i roll my eyes, "oh shut up. how's basketball practice going?"

"good actually. sad you won't be here for our first game.", ej says.

"i'll be watching on my tv.", i smile, cracking an egg into a frying pan.

he chuckles, "what're you doing today?"

i grin, facing all my attention to my phone screen, "i'm going snorkeling with a guide!"

"that sounds fun! be careful too you know.", ej adds.

"always am.", i smile to which ej tilts his head side to side.

"what!", i complain.

"not always.", he tells the girl.

"name one time i wasn't careful.", i challenge, scooping my fried egg onto a plate and sitting at the table.

"the time you were running in heels, mind you in the rain, when i told you to watch out for the uneven sidewalk but you weren't watching and fell.", ej explains.

"that—", i sigh in defeat, "fine. but i promise to be careful."

ej laughs at me, "well i gotta get going. talk to you later!"

i smile and the call hangs up. i'm actually really excited for the snorkeling trip. it'll take my mind off of...well, ricky. and it'll be fun! so...win win.

i finished eating my breakfast before cleaning the dishes and getting into a swimsuit. i throw my tank and jean shorts over it, beginning to pack my bag with necessities.