nineteen

HELLOOO FELLOW PEOPLE!!!! hope ur doing great!!!!

ENJOY!

"we will be landing at lax in about 5 minutes. current time is 10am."

my eyes slowly flutter open and i look out the window to see the busiest airport coming into view. i sit upright and straighten out my hair and clothes.

there's turbulence and the next thing i know, we've landed. a couple minutes go by and then they clear us to exit. everyone stands up, grabbing their bags from above and filing out.

i make my way off the plane and into the busy airport. my eyes glance around everywhere, looking for the two redheads.

"nini!"

i turn around and see the two running up to me. i let go of my suitcase handle and open my arms, running to them and hugging them tightly.

"oh my gosh i missed you guys!", i exclaim into the hug.

"how-how was your trip?", red cautiously asks.

i open my mouth, chuckling a little, "well it was going good in the beginning and...well you know the rest."

ashlyn frowns, "well you're back home and he's still in bora bora. so forget about him, we have important things to do!"

i smile at her before quickly remembering.

"how's ej?", i ask, grabbing onto my suitcase again as we begin exiting the airport.

both of the red heads shrug their shoulders.

"same old same old.", red replies, "carlos is at the hospital with him right now."

i raise my brows, "was that the best idea?"

ashlyn laughs, "carlos is all soft now...he cares for him, even if it's not quite obvious half the time."

i chuckle and nod my head, agreeing. we arrive at red's car and they help me pack my things in the trunk. red gets in the front seat while ashlyn and i sit in the back.

"soooo you two are engaged!", i cheer, holding ashlyn's hand out so i can see the ring, "it's even prettier in person."

the couple blushes and nod their heads.

"mhm! i'm so excited to show you what i've started planning.", ashlyn gushes, "it's gonna be the best wedding ever. but- i have a...welcome home gift for you."

i furrow my brows in confusion and she grabs a medium sized, white box from under the seat. she hands it to me and i set it on my lap, looking at her.

"come on...open it!", she smiles.

i take the lid off and look into the box. there's a bottle of champagne and a champagne glass that has a forest green N printed on it in fancy cursive. there's a square piece of card stock sitting on top of it all and i pick it up, reading it.

Nini, you're obviously my best friend...and i love you with all my heart. being engaged is a very exciting thing to share with your best friend and i'm even more excited to ask you this: will you be my maid of honor?
                                                       -ash <3

my lips part a little in shock and i look up, nodding my head with excitement.

"i- yes...yes i will, oh my gosh!", i exclaim.

the girl chuckles and grins at me, wrapping her arms around my shoulders.

i wipe a stray tear of happiness off my cheek, "agh i can't believe you're getting married!"