thirteen

HEY!!! sooo don't forget we're back in present tense!!! hope you're all doing great!!! sorry this chapters a tad short for what they normally are—the next chapter goes on for like MILES. anyways

ENJOY!!!!!

it's around 9am now and ricky and i are sitting at the table, eating some breakfast. the wind is still whipping outside and the rain has only gotten heavier.

"well...what should we do today?", ricky asks, finishing his food.

i take a bite of food, chewing on it as i pretend to think.

"go for a swim in the ocean?", i joke.

he raises his brows, nodding his head with laughter, "definitely. it's a beautiful day for that nini."

i chuckle, chewing on my last chunk of toast. i stand up, taking my plate towards the sink where i begin washing the dishes from breakfast.

my nerves are rushing around in my veins while i think about how to slide into this.

"nini?"

i jerk my head, shutting the sink off and placing the clean plate on the drying mat. i look behind me to see ricky leaning against the table.

"y-yeah?", i clear my throat.

"you okay?", he asks and i furrow my brows, "you uh- you like zoned out for a hot minute."

i gulp and nod my head, awkwardly drying my hands before turning fully around. i walk past him to the front door where i peak out the small window next to it.

dark gray clouds are covering the entire sky. every now and then you'd see a flash of bright white lightning. following it would be a rumble of thunder. you can see the rain pouring down from the clouds while the trees are swaying side to side. the waves in the ocean are crashing in every direction, moving further up the sand.

"it looks so eerie outside.", i sigh.

i feel his body's presence next to mine quickly. i can see him standing right next to me through my peripheral vision. it's completely silent besides the hurricane noises. my breathing is shaky and he can probably hear my nervousness.

my heart pounds quicker and quicker and i feel his hand on my arm. he lightly pushes me away before looking out the window for himself.

i jokingly roll my eyes, crossing my arms as i look at him, "you know you could've asked me to move."

"meh", he shrugs, pulling away from the window and letting the blinds fall back in their place.

i shake my head at him with a small chuckle.

"what's so funny?", he asks.

i raise my brows, feeling my laughter and smile coming forward.

"you. you're funny.", i chuckle, "funny looking."

ricky gasps, placing his hand on his chest with fake offense, "wow."

i continue laughing at his reaction, backing up until i eventually hit the back of the couch. i flinch a little and look behind me then back at ricky.

i watch him run up to me and i feel his hands on the sides of my stomach, tickling me. laughter escapes my mouth while i slap his arms.

i try pushing away from him but as usual he's too strong for me.

"okay okay!", i laugh, "i'm sorry...i'm sorry."

he stops tickling me and i notice our faces are just a mere inch apart. both of his arms are on either side of me because his hands are grasping the top of the couch and i'm leaning back. i'm breathing heavily from nerves and laughter.