seven

HII!!! hope ur all doing well :))) i'm feeling a bit better soooo yay!

anyways this chapter is a tad short but it finna get real interesting shortly

ENJOY!!!

ricky and i stand in the ocean water, knee high. my arms stay wrapped around my torso nervously as my eyes watch around at the couple gray whale sharks that are swimming around. 

my heart is pounding faster than that first time i saw ricky. i look to the side to see the curly haired boy staring at the sharks with interest.

without moving a muscle, i quietly say, "i am so scared right now."

he chuckles at me and i feel his hand on my arm, "just relax...they're a big shark but they truly don't hurt you."

i let out a breath and lower my arms slowly. i watch as other people get lower into the water and touch the back of the shark. the sharks don't seem to mind which helps calm my nerves.

one of the sharks begins to wander off towards ricky and i and my nerves kick back in.

and...my body has a mind of its own.

i feel myself move behind ricky and swap sides, trying to move away from the shark. it comes closer and i suck in a breath, my arm grasping around his bicep.

once the shark swims in another direction, i awkwardly lower my hand, clearing my throat.

"s-sorry...", i mumble.

he shakes his head, "it's all good."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"i'm such an idiot!", i exclaim, "i mean- what...what was i thinking?! actually, no—i wasn't thinking."

"nini just take a breath girlfriend! i'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think.", carlos tells me.

i shake my head, "no- no...i literally held onto him. i hate myself so much right now."

"maybe this proves something—", red suggests.

i tilt my head with annoyance, "and what might
that be, red?"

"that you feel safe around him, nina.", he responds, tilting his head too.

i groan, running my hands over my face.

"how about you just go outside your hut and relax on the beach.", ej suggests, "just forget about it."

"it would be just my luck...that he'd be out there.", i say, "but okay...i'll talk to y'all later."

i smile at them and exit the call, blowing air out of my mouth. i get out of my seat and walk to the refrigerator, grabbing my water bottle.

i snatch my towel off the table, along with my phone, and walk outside onto the deck. i cautiously look around the beach and see that it's empty.

i let go a breath of relief and walk to my usual spot on the sand. i lay my towel down, lying down and feeling the hot sun rays beat down on my skin.

i lie there, just floating off into my thoughts and my different world. i feel relaxed and...at peace for once.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my eyes squint open and i shield my face from the setting sun. i quickly sit up, my chest moving fast. i look around frantically before realizing that i had just fallen asleep.

the sun was sinking below the horizon which means i've been out here since like...3pm. i check my phone time and see it's 7pm.

i quickly get up and gather my things before making my way up the stairs and to the deck of my hut.

i unlock my door and place my hand on the handle when i see a piece of paper taped to my door.

i remove my hand from the handle and furrow my brows, yanking the paper from my door.

i walk inside and sit down at the table. i open the folded paper and read the writing on it.

i look up with a confused expression on my face, walking into the living room area where i grab the remote control and turn it on.

"oh gosh..."