12 Mommy

You had taken Megumi to school in the morning, but despite it Toji had texted that he was demanding to see you after school as well.  Which led to you opening the door after furious knocks, Megumi rocking on his heels.
"Mom!"  Your entire body tensed, as did Megumi's.  "Y-y/n here." He quickly threw a paper your way before retreating onto the couch, sitting stiffly with his hands in his lap.

Your cheeks reddened, robotically setting the paper down on your desk and sitting facing the computer. The chair tilted back with added weight, Toji resting his arms and looking down at you with a smirk.

You advoided his eyes, clearing your throat, "Uh, sorry."

"Shut up." He flicked your temple, leaning to whisper in your ear, "You would make a good mom."

You whacked him away with a notebook before settling down to read the paper.

Hello Parents!

Godammit.

We will be having a field day! It's a day filled with all sorts of activities for students to participate in, as well as a catered lunch for both students and parents. Of course to make it all work, we're asking for parent volunteers or for you to come and cheer your child on.

Before all of the fun though, we will privately meet with each parent for a conference.

At the end of the paper was a form, questions like names, if you wanted to volunteer, if you were coming, or if you wouldn't be able to make it.

You stared at Toji, waving him back over. He sat a hand on the desk, leaning down, "Whatcha staring at?"

"Psh, not your ugly mug." You huffed, pushing the paper over. "Did you read it?"

"Megumi wouldn't let me. He said, 'Chances are better if I give it to Mommy cause then she will make you go'." Toji said with a shit eating grin.  You both looked over at Megumi, a blush again growing on his face.

You couldn't help doing the same.  You held a fist up, "I'll give you a black eye."

"You don't want a domestic on your record do you?"

"Shut up. I'm too young to be a Mom." You crossed your arms.

"How old are you?"

"You aren't supposed to ask that. How old are you?" You replied.

"30."

".....Pfft!" You covered your mouth with your hand, "Old man." He rolled his eyes. Still giggling, you handed him the paper, "Read it. I probably will make you go no matter what though."

Toji scanned over it, rolling his eyes and pushing it back, "Whatever."

You wrote his name down, "I take it you aren't going to volenteer?"

"Obviously not."

"Yeah don't know why I asked."

"Wheres yours?"  He questioned.

"I dunno... don't you want this to be a bonding thing?" You questioned.

"He gave it to you for a reason. He'll be more upset if Mommy doesn't go."

"I'll really kill you. With this pen."

"As if."

"As if my ass."  You scoffed, shooing him away, "Go go."

He chuckled, "Cmon Megumi!  Don't leave your bag."

Megumi quickly ran up to your desk, apprehension on his face.  You smiled, "We'll be there, kay?"

"Hm!"  He nodded eagerly.

It felt a little strange. Messing around, joking so carelessly with Toji. And...was he...flirting? Your face heated up at the thought. Despite an earlier hatred, you couldn't find it in yourself to still feel the same.  Which felt a little weird, going from an argument to friendly. There's probably some quote that would fit that.  And, while it wouldn't get him any extra brownie points, you weren't oblivious to his good looks.  He wasn't a womanizer off of personality.

===================

my duty as maid of honor is officially over so ill get back on track with updating, thank you for all the love 💕

also, i didn't look into age with toji/Megumi and idk if it was specifically mentioned, i may change it later if that doesn't seem accurate