7.1 Afterthoughts

Frustration was evident with the way you angrily wiped the stray tears, sniffing. You were pissed off. At Toji, at yourself. The argument played on repeat through your head.

Should you have said that?
It isn't your place.
But someone has to stick up for Megumi.

Toji hadn't even raised his voice yet here you were crying about a argument that wasn't even intense. You hated it.  And worst of all, Megumi had been woken by it. You hated it. You hated the anxiety that surely bundled in Megumis chest when he heard.

You didn't like Toji. He's rude, selfish, and a shitty father. But in the least, you thought he'd appreciate you in the slightest since you took care of his kid over half the time. You aren't a naive person. You know how people are, how they realistically treat others. It was dumb of you to think anything more of him.

You had to remind yourself that none of what you did was for Toji. It was for Megumi. If one less kid could not feel neglected and instead feel love, it was a difference you were happy to make.

Your heart dropped with the next thought. Would you be able to see Megumi again? After that, and how little Toji apparently thinks of you, would he really bring him back?