20 Letter

Despite being unsure about the offer, you willed yourself to not think so hard about it. It is what is it.  Everything's in Toji's hands here on out anyway.  He's the one that has to prove himself to be trustworthy.

You depended on work to keep you busy meanwhile.

"Everything is ready, couches, tables, chairs, decor, the lot. When you got your people coming?"

You hummed, looking at the time. You had to meet Toji and Megumi once he got out of school.

"I gotta check with Daiki but today if possible. Tomorrow at latest. I'm ready to get this project off my hands."  You spoke into the phone, already typing the email. 

The woman barked a laugh, "You got it." 

This would thankfully be the last you'd see of this place.  You stood in the middle of the main floor, delegating work to different areas.

"Yo missy!  What you think so far?"

You glanced over your shoulder, "Dj!  It's looking good, what do you say, mid day tomorrow?"

"An extra grand if we finish today?"  He grinned.

You rolled your eyes, "Not from me, I'm done here!" 

"Aw, leaving so soon?"

Your eye twitched before you turned around to face Daiki with a smile.  "Did your meeting end early?"

"Luckily."  He grinned, "You did good with this place.  Nice job."

"I like to think I'm pretty great at my job."  You agreed.

Daiki laughed, "Three weeks from now we're throwing a party, you know employees, shareholders, me.  I want you to come, plus one welcome."

"I don't know-"

"I insist.  I'll spread your good word."

You are going to need more work...
"Alright, see you then?"

"Of course."

You made your way out, waving to Abby at the front. 

Its pretty nice today, a good day to find something outside to do.  Park maybe?  Megumi can be picky with these things sometimes. Speaking of, you missed him and look forward to doing something fun today. Toji on the other hand...it was conflict. Per usual. For some reason he's able to draw you in yet give you no reason to stay.

You arrived just in time for the school bell to ring, the parking lot a swarm of cars, kids and parents. Toji was easy to spot amongst the crowd, leaning against the fence in the back. You stood next to him silently, arms crossed. A million kids ran out to their parents, jumping in their arms and spouting about their day, however there was no sign of Megumi.

"They holding him or something?" You muttered.

"Mr. Fushiguro! Miss. Y/n! So sorry to keep you waiting, one of the kids lost their homework!" The teacher laughed, it dying out once she saw your slightly furrowed brows and Tojis...Toji. "Uh-um, okay. So, you know Megumi has gotten in a fight before, and been suspended. He's been a little irritable lately, I just want to look out for it before something like that happens again. Cause, you know, if it does he could possibly have to leave."

You smiled, "No problem. We'll ask him about it. Do you mind sending him out now?"

"Of course!" She hurried away.