Chapter Fifty-Five

Wakui when he has to write a chapter where the characters are semi happy AND alive:

This man loves sadness more than solid food💀💀

''That was pretty...'' (Y/n) muttered after the fireworks were finally over, all three now making their way back to their previous hangout spot.
''You seem to like fireworks a lot?'' Muto suggested as he side eyed the girl, who enthusiastically nodded her head.
''Yeah! I always look forward to them when I am at festivals. Most of the times they are the only reason I visit them. The colors are always so pretty."
(Y/n) answered back, thinking about some of the fireworks she saw in the past few years. Though, this time they felt a lot more different, but she brushed it off, thinking it was because she wasn't with the usual friend group.
Meanwhile, Sanzu was lost in his own thoughts as he repeated (Y/n)'s words.
'Hmm...wonder how much these things cost when it's off season. If they make her that happy, I'd organize her one each night. I need to research that one.'
The boy nodded his head, the plan already forming inside his head as two familiar figures ran towards (Y/n).
''(Y/n)-san! You are here too?!''
''I knew you looked familiar!''
The trio turned around to look at who was calling out for the girl, only to find Luna and Mana running up to her.
''Luna? Mana? What are you two doing here? All alone at that, isn't Mitsuya-san supposed to take care of you two?''
The older girl asked as the two sisters gave her a short side hug, before both nodded their heads.
''We lost him somewhere, and didn't know where to go exactly. When we saw you, we thought it would be safer with someone who knew us.'' Luna explained as she grabbed onto the girl's (f/c) kimono.
''Yeah, besides, nii-san is probably somewhere around here. Wonder if he even figured out he lost us.'' Mana rolled her eyes, remembering how he nearly forgot to dress up properly a few hours ago.
''That's strange, Mitsuya-san doesn't seem to be that reckless.'' (Y/n) commented, causing the two girls to look at each other.
'If only you knew.'
'He once forgot to cook dinner because he was too busy making that Toman uniform for you.'
Luna and Mana thought for a moment, before an idea popped inside the younger ones head. ''C-could you maybe help us looking for him, (Y/n)-san? It's really scary here.'' Mana asked.
Luna looked at her for a moment, and realizing what she was planning, nodded along.
''Yeah! Plus, maybe we will find nii-san sooner that way.'' (Y/n) thought it over for a moment, before turning to look at Sanzu and Muto. ''Would you two be alright if I left for a while? I can't leave them alone. And Mitsuya-san must be worried too.''
The two boys shrugged their shoulders and nodded.
''Sure, we are coming along too.'' ''Yeah, it's not really safe to be alone with all these drunk people around.'' The two girls hid behind (Y/n) when they saw the two taller boys.
'Scary...' They thought.
''If you two don't mind, it would be nice. Mana, Luna, those two guys are Sanzu Haruchiyo and Yasuhiro Muto, they are friends of Mitsuya-san and in the same gang as him.''
The two eyed the boys for a moment before nodding their heads and pulled (Y/n) into the crowd, the two boys following close behind.

''And then nii-san tripped over his own two feet while trying to catch that cat. Still can't believe he is a Toman founder.'' Mana finished explaining another ambarrassing story about Mitsuya, as Luna giggled along.
''Ahh poor Mitsuya-san, he didn't injure himself too much, right?'' (Y/n) wondered, feeling bad for laughing.
''Don't worry. Oh Mana! You remember that one time nii-san got nervous when a girl confessed to him and he said 'it will go away soon.' A really weird response.'' ''Well that's one way to reject someone.''
(Y/n) commented, trying to hold back her laughter as Muto and Sanzu where wheezing behind them. Mana nodded her head at that and tugged on (Y/n)'s kimono to get her attention, which she successfully did.
''Is there something else?''
The older girl questioned, causing Mana to nod her head.
''Yeah! Nii-san said that he once called his math teacher mo-''
''Mana! Luna! Where were you two?!'' The group looked up to see Mitsuya running up to them, all five trying to hold back their laughter. ''Yuzuha, Hakkai and I got worried over you two! Thankfully (Y/n) found you two-''
The boy stopped in his tracks for a moment, blushing a little when he saw the younger girl.
'She looks so cute... Bet she would look even cuter in that kimono I have been working on.'
Mitsuya thought as he smiled softly at the girl.
''(Y/n), what a nice surprise! I didn't expect to see you here. We asked Takemitchy and Hinata if you would be here, and both were unsure.'' ''Ahh yeah, I came here with Muto-san and Sanzu-san. I didn't tell them about my plans, so that's why they couldn't tell.''
Mitsuya tensed up at the mention of the captain and vice-captain, sending them a short side glare, then quickly turned his attention back to (Y/n).
''Ahh that's sounds nice! But, won't you want to hang out with the rest of the group too? The Kawatas, Emma, Peh, Mikey, Draken, Baji and Chifuyu are there too! I am sure it would be more enjoyable to celebrate as a group.''
Mitsuya suggested, internally begging she will say yes. The thought of her alone with any guy alone made him uncomfortable, at least this way he could keep an eye on her.
''Ahh don't worry! I am having a nice time regardless. Muto-san wants to show me how to play shogi anyways. So I have to decline, sorry.''
''Oh...I didn't know you like shogi.'' Mitsuya commented, his disappointment turning into silent rage when he spotted the blonde captain smirking at him.
''It's fun to watch, but I do want to try it out myself, I guess.''
''While we are at it, we should hurry back, before some drunks take over the spot.'' Sanzu spoke as he walked up to the girl, pulling her away from Mitsuya.
''You are probably right! See ya Mitsuya-san, and happy New Year! Tell the rest I said 'hi'!"
(Y/n) called out as they followed after Muto.
Mitsuya watched with clenched fists as (Y/n) walked off, He just wanted to rip Sanzu's hand out for even touching her, but he couldn't cause a scene now.
''Nii-san, the more you keep holding yourself back, the less you will have a chance with (Y/n)-san.'' Luna commented, causing Mitsuya to look at her for a moment, slowly nodding his head.
'Besides, playing the gentleman brought me nowhere. Should I be more upfront?'
''And those guys seem a lot cooler than you, too. So good luck with her.'' Mana added.
''How are they cooler than me?'' Mitsuya asked, sounding annoyed as the youngest rolled her eyes.
''For one, they don't collect used tissues.''
''Case closed.''
Mitsuya sighed and pulled the girls along to where the others were.
''I hope you two didn't talk bad about me in front of (Y/n).''
''No, don't worry.''
''Yeah, you have little faith in us.''