{Chapter 41}

A/N- If you enjoy this chapter then please leave a vote and comment, also make sure to leave a follow<33

****

~Y/N's POV~

"Mom....." I whispered as my 7 year old self stared at my mother while she cooked in the kitchen.

She glanced over at me and sent me a forced smile "I thought that you were taking a nap" She stated and I slowly made my way over to her, taking short and cautious steps as if she would disappear when I get too close.

"I woke up" I mumbled while rubbing at my eyes and she hummed "I can see that" she said quietly as I stared up at her.

"Are you okay?" I asked quietly and her eyes widened slightly as she stopped what she was doing "What did you say?" she questioned as she turned to face me.

I stared up at her with big eyes and her eyes only managed to widen as she continued staring down at me with slightly parted lips.

"Are you okay, mom?" I asked again and I could see tears beginning to well up in her eyes "You look like him....." she whispered softly causing me to tilt my head to the side "Like who, mom?"

She slowly kneeled down on the floor in front of me and pulled me into her chest as she laid her head on top of my own "You're getting so big.....you're starting to look like him more and more"

'Who was she talking about?'

My father?

Her hold on me had tightened "D/N......"

Why was she hugging me?

I don't think she's ever done this before.

I hardly see my mother and when I do, she barely sends a glance my way.

But now it's different.

Why was it different now?

I could feel a warm liquid beginning to drop down onto my shoulder and I slowly raised my head to see tears streaming down my mothers face while her eyes remained cold.

I continued to lay my head against her chest in order to savor the moment.

This was all strange.

But I liked it.

It made me feel calm.

"Why are you crying, mommy?" I questioned quietly and she slowly leaned back before pushing me away causing me to land with a small thud "You're just not- fuck! why couldn't you stay silent" she whispered as she quickly wiped her tears before turning her attention towards the food that was about to burn on the stove.

I stared up at her from the ground before slowly standing up and walking back to my room.

".....Guess the moments over"

I stared up at the ceiling with tired eyes as the memory resurfaced and flooded my mind. "Go back to sleep" Rindou whispered from besides me as he wrapped his arm around my waist but I pushed him away "I'm not tired anymore"