Chapter Thirty-Three- The Void

Darkness...

A dark, empty void...

That's where he was truly born.

And he HATED it! 

He hated being alone... In the darkness... Just watching...

Yes, he was WATCHING...

Watching through Sean, watching through devices, watching through... Anything he could, really.

He was created by the fans, truly, but Sean was still his creator.

Believe it or not...

He loved Sean. Sean was the first person he got to know, albeit Sean didn't know HIM at the time... Sean was funny, playful, kind... Watching Sean made him feel like SOMEONE was there, that SOMEONE cared! 

Then, one day...

Sean made a video with... HIM in it?!

He felt as if he would faint! Was this really happening?! That was so COOL! Was that REALLY how he looked?! He'd seen fanart of himself before, but...!

Wait...

What the hell?!

That's when it clicked for him. He knew that was him up there and was too focused on that to realize, but... In this video... He KILLED Sean?! 

He was slightly disturbed by this fact, but didn't let it get to him... This was a VIDEO, after all!

And then... He learned his name.

He was Antisepticeye... Or Anti for short.

He...! 

He WANTED to love it, but something about it didn't sit right with him.

Oh, well...

He was Anti, Sean's ego. He was the first... But he wasn't the last.

Soon enough, there were... Others.

His brothers.

And he thought they were AMAZING! 

Maybe this even meant he wouldn't be alone anymore!

He'd have someone to play with! Talk to! A FRIEND!!!

But that didn't happen.

They came one by one... But none of them went to Anti. None of THEM were in the void! None of THEM 'canonically' hurt Sean! THEY weren't made by the fandom, THEY were hand-made by Sean!

They... Were actually CREATED and BORN in the real world... Already knowing who and what they were. They became... A family. Sean even helped that doctor guy- Henrik- buy the egos a house! They had jobs, lives, they were having fun!

Without HIM!

Anti was slightly jealous...

Well, actually, REALLY jealous.

But he didn't blame them, they didn't even know he existed!

But then, he had a thought... If THEY could be out there, then why can't he? 

He would find a way to escape! Then, he'd go to Sean and the others! He'd FINALLY have a family and friends of his own! After all these years!... Not that many years, actually. But he'd been here since he was born. 

He was thinking about ways to leave, when he had a question.

How would he talk to them?

It's not like he had any physical problems with speaking, he'd known HOW to since he was born. He'd talk to himself sometimes, but not often. He mainly giggled from Sean's antics if he made any noise at all. 

His voice sounded raspy and hoarse because he didn't use it much, and he didn't quite like it. It sounded like one of Sean's friends when they were... What did they call it? Sick? Yeah, that's right... Was he sick, too? He didn't really know what it was like to feel 'well'. The best he'd ever felt was when he was first born... But three days after that, he started to feel like this. 

Does that mean he was sick? Sure, he'd go with it. But that didn't really help him, nor did it answer his question...

 What would he say?

What would he tell Sean?

Actually, he shouldn't have to say anything, right?

The other egos never had to explain anything... Well, except the first one. After that, Sean just kind of accepted them. 

So it should be fine, right?

All he needed to do was find out HOW he was going to get out! Then... Everything will be fine.

He giggled to himself, bouncing on his heels.

This was going to be great!