Chapter Twenty-Nine- Confusing Last Words

"WAKE UP!"

Dark gasped as his eyes shot open, shuddering as cold water hit his skin. He looked up to see Actor smirking at him. Thick, red strings were holding the dark ego just an inch above the ground, probably to witness things better.

"Good morning~! Damn, it took you a while to wake up... I must've hit you a bit too hard." Actor snickered. "Where's C-Anti...?" Dark winced as he almost said 'Con'. Actor frowned, not understanding WHY Dark ever liked the glitch... Even as 'Con' he was insufferable. "Ugh... That thing went home yesterday after I told it to. Last time I 'checked up' on it, it was on the phone with someone... Couldn't hear what it was saying though."

"Not that it's any of your business... Though I suppose you'd LOVE to see it's face before you die!... Actually, that MIGHT just help you snap... I can have ANTI kill your little brothers, then your kid! Oh! That's HILARIOUS! Your little 'partner in crime' backstabbing you, then KILLING YOUR FAMILY!" Actor thought that was the funniest thing in the world, apparently.

"...How RIGHTIOUS of you! Killing children for your own amusement, and then monologuing about it! I've never seen a hero so stuck up his own ass! You must be the first! Wow, you have ONE achievement you actually deserve!" Chase exclaimed in mock-praise. 

Actor stopped for a moment but growled. "You have no IDEA what I've been through! I-" "I know EXACTLY what you've 'gone through'! Unlike the rest of these yahoos, I actually watched the videos! Yeah, sure, ya lost yer wife, that sucks, man! I KNOW! I've been there! But that doesn't excuse the shite you've done! You've done FAR MORE damage than those innocent people deserved! Yer a goddamn idiot... Open yer eyes...! PLEASE! You're talking about killing CHILDREN! You've KILLED a CHILD! Act-"

"ENOUGH!"

Actor's eyes were pitch black, he waved his hand, and everyone was gagged again... Except Dark. "Now... Let's get talking BUSINESS..."

Dark's gaze softened as he thought about his old friend.

How could this happen?

Was it really Dark's fault?

All the good times they all spent together...

Was it all for nothing?

Was this really... Goodbye...?

How could it have come to this?

...

But there was nothing he could do about it now.

"Darky~! I'm a kind man... So, I'll start with the most likely candidate to make you snap! That way, we can get to the big fight quicker~! And I probably won't have to kill TOO many people this way... It's a win-win!" Actor grinned as he walked up to his first victim, dragging him by the hair to stand in front of Dark.

Google.

The android's eyes were wide with fear as he tried to keep his whimpers in.

Actor ungagged him, letting him speak.

Google cried out, his systems not being able to handle the levels of stress and fear, "Daaad!!" he sobbed, albeit not being able to physically shed tears... Hyperventilating as his systems threatened to shut down.

"Google! Shh! It's alright, child, it's alright! Daddy's got you! LET HIM GO! GODDAMN IT, ACTOR!" Dark reeled himself back in, knowing that was what the actor wanted. 

"Hahahahah~! I-"

BANG!!!

CRAAASH!!!

"Ah! It seems the glitch-bitch is here!" Actor announced as Anti entered the room, a certain look in his eyes. "C'mere, partner... I'll let YOU do the honors... But first, I think now's the perfect time to let Dark share his last words! Go on, share with us, Dark~!" Actor sneered, but actually let Dark speak.

"...Fuck you."

"Tsk. Alright then, expected better out of you... But oh well." Actor rolled his eyes.

"WAIT!"

Everyone turned to Dark.

"...Goodbye... Old friend.

Actor froze as suddenly Damien's gentle voice and aura came from Dark. He let a small smile creep onto his face, "goodbye, Damien... And fuck you, too, Celine!" 

"Oh, sweetie... You misunderstand... That was from ALL of us."

Actor growled but gestured for Anti to go for it. Anti turned to Dark, having that look in his eyes again. The glitch took a teasing step forward, smirk growing as he tilted Google's head up with his knife. But then he took a step back, charging up his power for one quick blow. Dark's gaze filled with sadness once more...

This really was the end.

"Anti..."

"Now!"