Happy Endings

I look over and see Dahlia being passive aggressive to the heroine of our story, Jessie Bell, the adopted daughter of a viscount.

She has healing magic but we don't figure that out until later. And too piss off Dahlia, when we are suppose to find out Jessie's magic, I'm going to ruin it.

And Dahlia has boys flocking to her side trying to get her attention.

"She's going to have a happy ending." Owen says with a sigh as he looks at my sister.

He's my desk mate for our herbs, plants, and medicine class. Also known as HPM, even though it sounds like an STD...

"What do you mean?" I ask as I turn my gaze to look at him.

"I-I didn't m-mean anything rude a-about it." He quickly says in defense as he locks gazes with me.

"I don't care, just answer my question." I tell him.

"I-I meant that she looks like she'll have a happy ending. Like, she'll have plenty of friends who adore her with a husband who adores her." He says without taking a rest.

Hmmm...it looks like that now but she's actually trying to get us both killed.

"What about me?" I ask him as I rest my chin on my hand with a small smirk dancing on my lips.

"Y-you don't seem like th-the type of person who wa-wants any of that. L-like the g-girl who doesn't believe in happy en-endings." He says nervously.

"You think so, Owen? What does my future look like then?" I ask him teasingly as his face slightly flushes a pink hue.

"I d-don't know...b-but nothing like y-your sisters." He tells me.

Ah, I hate to admit it, but he's adorable. I just wanna ruin him...

"Well, your mostly right. She does look like she'll have a happy ending, well at least an ending. And, I don't want what she has, but I do believe in happy endings, no matter how unrealistic they look." I tell him as I glance at Dahlia before looking back at him.

"W-what do you w-want then?" He asks me as his face turns a brighter shade of pink.

I let out a simple laugh at him before answering.

"It doesn't matter to me about what I want. I just know that I will stay at the Thorn dukedom with my brother and help him when he needs it while Dahlia finds her happy ending." I tell him.

"B-but it d-does matter ab-about what you w-want...!" He says as he trails off at the end.

I let out another short laugh before saying.

"It doesn't matter for me. What you said is weird...but what is your happy ending, Owen?" I ask him, a small smirk playing at my lips as I tilt my head to the side.

He thinks it over for a few moments before answering my question.

"W-well I want to serve th-the church as a pr-priest. I-I also want to have a family, a-a w-wife and k-kids." He says shyly as he looks away but his ears are a bright pink.

"How many kids?" I ask him.

"I-it doesn't m-matter to me n-nor d-does the g-gender. Wh-whatever th-the w-w-wife wants." He says shyly as he tries to hide his face.

Ahh~ the woman in the modern world would love this shy little guy. He's a keeper y'all...

"You're are good man." I say as I pat his back and he blushes even more "But what if your wife ruins you?" I ask him with a smirk on my face as I lean closer to his face.