The King Who Hates Me Has Dinner With Me

"Welcome lady Aconitum, I will lead you to the dining hall where his majesty is waiting for you." A servant says as he starts leading the way.

I haven't been here in a long time. After the incident on my seventh birthday, I stopped showing up to my birthday banquets all together.

Even if it was just a friends and family gathering for me and Dahlias birthday...I guess that you could say that I have PTSD from it.

"Will her majesty be joining us?" I ask the male sergeant as we walk down a long hallway.

"No, my lady, it will only be my lady and his majesty." The servant says.

I can see the end from here, the king poisons my food and all the sudden I'm six feet under with a overweight dragon destroying everything before he joins me.

"Okay..." I say as we stop at another set of doors.

"Presenting lady Aconitum, your majesty." The servant says as he pushes open the doors for me.

"Greeting his majesty, the bright sun and star of our empire." I greet him as I walk in and I hold a low curtesy.

I bet the crippling bastard enjoys this...

"Please, your father is my brother, we are family. There is no need for you to be so formal with me my niece." The king says and I raise my head before walking over to a chair that a maid has pulled out for me.

"Thank you for the invitation, but if I may be so bold to say this, I was quite surprised to have received such a invitation, your majesty." I say with a smile as maids start filling my plate.

"Well, rumors about you have spread far and wide. I am even receiving letters from foreign empires about you." He says with a laugh as he takes a drink of his wine.

Why am I the only other person here, other then maids? This is one of the worst things that could happen to me...*sigh*.

"Oh, I haven't heard any of them, I have kept my focus on studying and my swordsmanship." I say with a small laugh while waiting for him to start eating.

I haven't been able to eat at all today and now I have to wait even longer for this guy?!

"That is wonderful. Do you plan on becoming a royal knight? I'm sure anybody would take you as their knight. Even the magic tower is eyeing you, as well as the holy temple. You and your sister are quite famous." He says before he finally starts eating.

Agh~ my headache is back because he mentioned my sister...

"I don't plan on accepting anything from anybody. I will swear my loyalty to my household and serve my brother after he takes the title of Duke from my father. My sister is the one who will be marrying and whatnot." I tell him as I cleanly cut my steak.

Mmm~ I think I just had an internal orgasm just now, this steak has made the night seem like morning.

"Everyone leave, I wish to speak with my niece alone." He suddenly says.

"Yes, your majesty." Everyone else says in sync before they all quickly leave the room, leaving me and the guy who hates me the most, alone.

The king who hates me has dinner with me, I wish I had the chance to refuse before I came here.

"Is there something you wish to speak about in such privacy your majesty?" I ask him as I put down my fork and knife, wiping my face with a napkin as I smile at him.

"You are fifteen now, correct?" He asks me.

"Yes, that is correct your majesty." And I'm about to drop dead if I can't get out of here, maybe I'll just force myself to pass out instead.