...How Time Flies...

Ever since that night, Dahlia has been distancing herself from me while trying to make it seem as if I was keeping my distance from her.

We finished our classes way before we were suppose to. Dahlia works on her social skills and I work on my power, both in magic and natural power. I'm working to keep up the Thorn dukedoms name.

Dahlia is following after our mother with tea parties, social events and etc.

I follow my father and Allen with sword fighting, horse riding, and when father goes out on patrol or to deal with other people since I can hold my own.

I'm just as good as my father and Allen at sword fighting, even at my age. People are calling me the sword prodigy of the century while Dahlia is the future flower of high society.

We are now both fifteen and packing our things to go the the academy.

We are going a year early since we are both prodigy's and they wouldn't let us go any earlier. Both of our bodies are changing differently.

While I'm getting curves in all of the 'right' places, as my mother says. Dahlia is getting soft features and she's staying lean but beautiful. Her features are all soft while my features are bold.

We both have a pretty....decent chest now, but I also got an ass while shes flatter then me.

I'm only like this because I've been training my body since I can remember now. Two years ago my mother got sick and I figured out how to heal her with the same method I used to heal my scars.

I combined my dark magic and my light magic to heal my scars since one of those alone wouldn't work, it was painful but worth it.

I did the same thing for my mother and now she continues to live happily with my family. When I healed her, word got out and my name spread even farther.

Even the queen and king have recognized me as the prodigy of the century. Everyone knows that I have both dark and light magic.

"My lady, are you ready?" A maid asks me as she watches me sit on my bed.

Me and Dahlias hair got lighter over the years too, it looks like white at some angles but it's just super light pink hair.

"Yes, and Dahlia?" I ask her as maids start grabbing my bags.

There's not many bags since I don't need much. We have uniforms that we have to wear so I don't have to worry about clothes much.

"She is still packing, my lady." She tells me with a bow before they leave my room to bring my bags to the carriage.

With my shadow attribute, I can quite literally become a shadow and disappear.

I become a shadow and travel through them until I'm at my sisters room. I appear in the corner of her room and see that they are packing everything.

"Take the bags that you've already packed, I wish to speak to my sister." I say and everyone almost screams as they turn to see me.

"Yes my lady." They all say with a bow before rushing out with her bags.

"What is it Aconitum?" She asks me kindly.

She truly is the flower of high society. She will get many marriage request when we get to the academy.

For any noble who decides to go to the academy, they aren't married and they can't have a fiancé, that's why we go to the academy. We get them over the five years we are there.

Except, I don't plan on getting married. I'll stay at the Thorn dukedom with Allen as head of the house.

"Have you been working on your song?" I ask her as I look at the various things on her dresser.

Her song attribute can have healing ability's and she use to beat herself up about how she couldn't heal our mother, even after I healed her.

I believe that she was just doing it for attention.

"Y-yes." She says.

"Lie." I say right back as I glare at her.

We grew so far apart that we might even be enemies by now. I cannot and will not even think about liking her until I figure out her secret.

"I-I need to finish getting ready, if you will." She says as she messes with her uniforms skirt.

She has long legs to match her soft body features. I wanted to wear pants as part of my uniform but my mother almost killed me from that.

Now, I'm wearing a skirt that matches my sisters and every other girl that goes to this academy.

"Hmmm, fine, I will be taking my leave then." I tell her as I disappear into the shadows.

I travel until I'm inside of the carriage we will be taking to the school. I suddenly get a thought and I quickly stand up and get out of the carriage, almost making the servants around it faint at my appearance.

"Someone, bring me my horse, Scarlet. I won't be taking the carriage to the academy." I tell them.

"Yes my lady!" One of the girls yells before scurrying off to the stables.

My father and mother walk through the main houses door while talking to each other until they see me.

"Aconitum." My father greets me.

"Father." I greet him back with the small bow of my head.

"My baby girls are growing up so fast!" My mother says as she starts crying.

After a few minutes of us all talking, the maid who left to get my horse comes back while dragging an upset Scarlet who won't calm down.

"M-my lady, a-are you sure about th-this?!" The maid cries as she struggles with my horse.

I walk up to them and when Scarlet notices me she starts getting happy as she happily neighs while shaking her head.

I put my hand on her face and she moves her head so that I can place my forehead on hers.

"Yeah...I'm sure." I tell her with a small smile as I pat Scarlets head.

"Sure about what, exactly? Why is your horse here?!" My mother asks in a cold tone, forgetting how sad she was to let us leave.

"I'm taking Scarlet instead of the carriage." I tell her as I turn to look at her.

She doesn't have the dark affinity or the shadow attribute, but the way she can make everything seem darker is nerve racking....

"No-" My mother says at the same time my father says.

"Okay-" And they both look at each other.

"Mother! Father! I'm ready!" Dahlia says as she walks out the front doors of the main house to see the dark atmosphere.

"We'll be leaving then." I say as I hop on scarlet.

"No! I will not allow you to take that- that horse!" My mother shouts as she points at Scarlet.

Me and Scarlet are both bewildered.

"Mother, I'll stay by the carriage so that I can help protect our little Dahlia-" I pause as I pat the swords on my sides "-and the school allows us to bring our horses. They have stables for them." I tell her.

She stares at my swords on my hips, just now realizing that they are there. She's mortified by how I take more after father and Allen then her and Dahlia.

"Hurry off now, daughters!" My father says, trying to save me.

"I will you miss!" Dahlia yells from inside the carriage as they start taking off.

"Let's go Scarlet." I say as we start trotting off to stay right next to the carriage like I promised.

This is where my future starts.

But only if I hadn't known that Dahlia was keeping something from me. Only if I hadn't pushed her so hard to tell me because it's worse then I ever thought.

Something she should've brought to the grave.....