Rumors

"You were so~ amazing Aco!" Blu says as he eyes shine in admiration.

"She's right! You were like -pow!- and the teacher was like -ahhhh!- like a scaredy cat!" Tya says as I wipe the sweat off my forehead.

"Calm down, you both do this every day." I say with a sigh as I walk towards the showers in our changing room.

"That's only because you are truly amazing!" Tya shouts.

"Yes!" Blu yells in agreement as they start to head to the showers after.

"You both are so childish." I say with a short laugh as I undress before stepping under the hot water.

After taking a quick shower, I get back dressed into my school uniform as the two continue to chat about me and how 'good' I am.

The truth is, I don't feel strong at all. I feel as if at any moment, my past will come back to haunt me. I'm scared that I might hurt someone close to me, I'm scared of myself still.

But I'm good at hiding all of it...

"By the way, what's up with your sister?" Blu asks out of the blue...wow...she really does live up to her name...

"Yeah, that weird rumor that's going around. I don't believe it since I know who you are up it's still pretty weird." Ty says as we walk out of the changing room together after gathering up all of our stuff.

"Yeah, I don't believe it either since I know you too. But I also know Dahlia, and I don't believe she'd be like that." Blu says.

I have no idea what they are talking about...

"Exactly, Dahlia is suppose to be the blooming flower of high society and even though none of us do the whole 'high society' thing, I'm still hearing about it. But I doubt anybody actually believes it." Tya says.

"What about you, Aco?" Blu asks me and I look over to my side to look at her as we walk.

"I have no idea what you both are talking about. What rumor about Dahlia?" I ask them.

"You are too dense sometimes...you and your sister are suppose to be the prodigy's of the empire, and you are suppose to be the miracle and prodigy of the century." Ty says and I look to my other side to stare at her.

"I truly have no idea what you are talking about. I stay out of rumors and gossip because I have no interest in it." I tell them honestly.

"Tya is right, you are too dense." Blu says and they both shake their heads in disappointment.

"Can you both just tell me what's going on already before I ignore the both of you blabbering buffoons." I say to them as I glare at the both of them.

"There's a rumor going around that Dahlia is bullying a viscount adopted daughter." Tya says with a sigh.

What?!

She truly wants the both of us to die! You know what?! She wants to die so badly...I'll just kill her myself!

On the inside, I'm freaking out, but on the outside I'm as normal as ever.

"Yeah but we don't believe it!" Blu says and Tya immediately nods her head in agreement.

Dahlia...why are you so hell bent on keeping this stupid story- no- our lives like a stupid story?! This is no longer a story, game, or a fucking novel! This is our lives now!

And she's even bullying her earlier then when the bullying started in the normal novel.

"What about you, Aco?" Blu asks me.

"I'm sure it's nothing, the Dahlia I know isn't like that at all." I tell them as we walk into the academy the way we left it.

"Yes! I believe what Aco believes!" Tya says enthusiastically.

"Me too!" Blu says in the same tone as her sister.

"Go to class before you both are late." I tell them before giving them both small glares.

"Awww...Aco is so mean." Blu says as her head hangs low as her and her sister start walking off.

"The meanest...." Tya agrees with her sister and I just sigh as I walk in the opposite direction.

I shake my head as I turn a corner but I happen to run into someone and their books and papers fall to the ground in a mess.

"Oh- I'm sorry-" I start saying but as I look down and see who it is I take it back "-Never mind, it's just you." I'm about to walk past him and his mess but he grabs my wrist and stops me.

"You're too cruel. You aren't even going to help me?" Jason pouts as he says this.

"No." I answer him simply "Why aren't you letting me go?" I ask him because he starts gathering his stuff with his other hand while holding my wrist.

"So we can go to class together." He says as he smiles up at me.

I practically have to shield my eyes from how bright his smile is.

"But class is this way, so why were you going to opposite way?" I ask him, pointing in the direction I was going in and then the direction he was going in.

"'Cause I was looking for you so that we could walk to class together!" He says happily.

"And now we are both late to said class because you don't wanna let go of my wrist." I say angrily as he stands up with his stuff in one hand and my wrist in the other.

"It's okay. You're at the top of the class anyones." He says as we start walking to class.

The class we are walking to is history and I don't only have Jason in that class, I have Damian, Jason, Jessie, and Noah.

Jason opens the door for me with the hand that has all of his stuff in it somehow.

"After you, m'lady." He says and I internally barf but I still walk in with him following after me.

"Lady Thorn and Sir Locheart, why are you two late to my class?" The history teacher, Greyson Bolding.

His name matches him to, his hair is grey and he is also bolding as we speak.

"...." Neither of us answer as we start to walk towards our table group.

Damien and Noah are about to greet us but then they see Jason's hand holding my wrist and their eyes snap up to glare at him.

Oh boy...

"Neither of you want to answer my question, fine! The last dragon was last seen-" I cut the old man off.

"Was last seen over a hundred and fifty years ago in the elves forest. That very same elves forest is now protected by a forest guardian, what is the forest guardians name? It's Elswyth of the Evergreen Forest." I say to him as me and Jason sit in our seats.

Everyone looks at me with impressed eyes before they look back at the teacher who is staring at me in the very same way.

"You can let go of her hand now, Jason." Damian says as he glared at Jason.

"You look like a lost puppy wanting a new owner...or maybe a deathbed." Noah threatens.

"Jason let go." I add in simply.

"But Aco-" Jason is cut off by the teacher.

"Very good as always lady Thorn, I expect nothing less from you. Sir Locheart, you still let me down every time I see you." Greyson Bolding says before he goes on with teaching.

I get out of Jason's grip and lay my head down to sleep. Like I've said before, I'm at a third years learning and higher, I know all of this by heart right now.