New x path

Will I even be able to kill her?

I've known Violet for years.

... same for Killua.

Killua is above Violet.

But I still love her.

...

Why is this so hard

I walk with a sense of purpose but in reality I'm as confused as I can get. Sure a injured person could not move far, but she can teleport. And I have no nen... how am I even going to do this. I honestly don't even know how Killua wasn't able to kill her, I guess he was trying to get information out of her? Or he was caught off guard-... well he may be a pro hunter but Violet is a one star hunter so... I guess I see how she could have handled the situation. Killua still got her severely injured by looking at that pool of blood in the middle of the room, so that in of itself was a feat. I wonder why he didn't use his zip zap nen thing to get out of it or paralyze her- electricity does have the capability to paralyze since the body relies on electrical signals-...

Oh I'm getting ahead of myself, damn it. I sighed and decided that my old strategy of just winging it and listening to my gut isn't going to work, with a opponent who is strategical... I need to be two steps ahead. I took a few deep breaths. Loosing my cool is the worst I could do, who knows, I could die because of my blind rage and I would stay dead. Nobody would be able to help me and Alluka and Killua would die too. Thats the absolutely worst case.

"Hello?" A voice inquired and I snapped out of my head and perked up, a boy sighed and had one of his eyebrows raised in concern, "Your just standing there. The light is green. Traffic" he said and I yelped when I realized there were people honking and cursing at me and I ran to the sidewalk and the boy followed.

"Did you space out?" He asked with a small smile and I nodded, "Yeah. I kinda did" I sighed and he observed my body language, "your facial expression was... odd" he mentioned. "Calulating. What were you thinking of?"

Should I tell him? Killua would definitely not. But I'm not Killua.

"I'm trying to help a friend" I said, being vague about it and I felt his hand touch my shoulder and his eyes opened wider and I blinked in confusion and stepped back.

"... God. So your looking for someone to help your two friends in the hospital?" He asked and I got a instant deja vu almost. He chuckled when he saw my facial expression, "Sorry. I budged into your state of mind for a second. Nen thing" he said and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. Then it hit me, isn't that kinda like Pakunoda's nen thing? From the Phantom Troupe?

".. could you explain?" I asked and he shrugged, "Not here atleast" he said as he grabbed my wrist and almost dragged me away to a small shop and I yelped. After the door opened and the bell sounded he let go and I whined quietly and held my wrist. "Sorry for that. It's just we can't have this information in the open." He said and pulled a small lever on the door which tinted the glass that let people see inside.

Speaking of which I looked around and it seemed to be a small antique store with a low yellow lighting, a couple tables in the middle of the walkway filled with old bric-a-brac and antiques. The bookshelves on the walls were stacked with musty dust collected books that were thicker than the Bible and old classical music played quietly from a gramophone near the checkout, which had a old man with a long white beard and a wrinkly old face that made him look like a Shar-pei, with old timey clothes as well, traditional Chinese clothing i'd say were from around the Tang dynasty. The boy yawned and locked the door as well and at the sound of the small bell ringing, the old man with closed eyes chuckled warmly.

"Welcome, Freecss" he welcomed me, with a wise old but warm voice. I looked around the place in awe and inspected the strange antiques on the tables, "how do you know my last name?" I asked absent mindedly as I kept my eyes on the items.

The old man let out a hearty chuckle and put the book he was reading down, "You're a hunter, aren't you? Pro hunter? Son of Ging Freecss?" He asked and I looked at him, "Yeah, wait are you guys hunters too?" I asked with a smile and the boy from beside me nodded, "Yeah. That's my mentor over there, you can call him master Huifen. My name is Lief" he said as he walked past me to sit on one of the old leather bar stools near the counter and pick up a different book and read.

I walked towards the desk as well and put my hand out, "No need to be formal either! Call me Gon!" I said and Huifen chuckled softly and grabbed my hand and shook it. Dispite the wrinkles on his frail hand, his grip was strong and sturdy. He seemed to be even older than Netero before he passed. "So, explain your power?" I asked as I looked at Lief and he set down his book and was about to explain it but Huifen started speaking.

"My grandson has a power called 'Flashback' to where within the last 5 hours or so he could see a flashback of it if he touches you, it's useful in interrogations and if someone doesn't want to speak" he hummed softly and Lief groaned, "Oh come on! Don't just say I'm your grandson! Your training me to be your successer! Call me your apprentice!" He complained and Huifen only smiled softly, "My grandson is a bit too dedicated to becoming a lost Hunter to find his parents" he said and I widened my eyes at that. I looked at Lief and he sighed and brought the book back up to hide his face and kept reading, muttering to himself on how his grandfather is a embarrassment.

Huh... he wants to find his parents? Kind of like how I wanted to find Ging. I feel inclined to help this kid... he seems only around 13 or so, a bit shorter than me, around 5'2, and I'm 5'9. He has long brown hair with the sides of his head shaved and his hair in a ponytail to keep it out of his face, though it fails and a few unruly stands hand around his face. I smiled.

"I can help you!" I offered with a cheerful voice and he perked up but sighed, "Don't you have to save your friends?" He said concerngly and I eep in response- I got distracted!!

Huifen let out a low calculating hum, "... I don't see any... controlled aura coming from you, kiddo. How did you become a Hunter if you can't use your nen?" He asked studiously and I sighed, "... I was risky and... dumb and.. I risked my life for petty revenge, blah blah blah, and my best friend's sister saved me, but because of the nen contract I made, my nen is blocked or something again" I said, out of breath afterwards and sighed.

The old man smiled, "We can help you with that, kiddo. We have our ways, and you can get your nen again"