Taste x of x Grief

Gon's POV:

I breathed heavily.

My body felt as if it was not my own.

My arms chained down to wooden spokes on a cold thin medical table.

My whole body hurts, aches, with a stinging power.

I never knew it would be like this of all ways...

I heard a click of a door and there i lazily glanced over at Lief walking in with a hopeful smile.

".. your.. your alive..?" He asked with a disbelieving tone and I simply looked away, "... Yeah thats a dumb question isn't it.." he chuckled awkwardly as he walked over and dragged a finger across my exposed chest and I flinched.

"Wow I.. the nen process never worked before" he said softly as he traced faint, already halfway healed, scars on my stomach. He admired me in awe, ".. can you speak?" He asked me.

"... W-what.. time.. is it..?" I asked weakly with a raspy dry voice. "It's only been 5 hours don't worry..", Lief hopped up and sprinted off, coming back with a cold bottle of liquid and pressed it against my lips, encouraging me to drink. I sighed and let the cold relieving liquid drench my throat and coat it in a viscous honey-like layer, healing or atleast numbing my throat.

"What.. was that?" I asked, coughing a bit but my throat felt miraculously better. Lief smiled, "It's a nen infused potion of sorts!" He hummed proudly. "... Did you make this?" I asked again and he nodded, "Yeah I usually use it for myself if I train" he chuckled.

"That's.. cool" I said quietly. I think about what he said earlier. Why is he say he's surprised I'm alive? Did.. others die? Are there others? I was filled with questions but was too tired to ask them. Lief hummed and unbuckled my wrist bounds and my ankle ones, causing me to be able to weakly sit up. Is it normal to feel this.. weak and strong? My body can't handle the power that was forced into me. I can feel my veins bulge as if about to burst with neglected potential.

I've been so long without it, it hurts.

My head hurt a bit too. Lief studied me, "oh very interesting... your body is adjusting quite nicely compared to others!" He smiled and he helped my up, I could barley made it in my feet, my veins feeling stiff and throbbing. Ow. I sigh and he wrapped my arm around his shoulder as he walks me out of the small cramped medical room hidden under the floor. We made it to the ladder and he blinked, ".. oh uh. Didn't think this through.." he sighed.

".. soo- wanna.. uh.. take the elevator?" He asked with a awkward chuckle and I blinked. Elevator? I glared at him, there was a elevator and I got splinters from that unstable fucking ladder thats broken at the bottom and I'm sure is against OWSA in more ways than one. I sighed and followed him as he lead me across a thin dark hallway barley lit by dim amber bulbs on the walls, spaced out to make it more eerie.

We approached the small metal elevator and Lief put in a key from his pocket into a small hole and fumbled around, before the small lights on the up and down button turn on; small red lights. He pressed the up one and the elevator opened, welcoming us inside and as that happened I felt like it was the jaws of a beast closing around me, as someone had the brilliant idea to have no lights in the elevator. And yet there is crappy elevator music. What kind of roblox moderator made this basement?

Soon, not soon enough, the door opened and the absolute darkness of the elevator broke as a bookcase opened up and we came out, it turned one of the cases was a hidden door... it slid back into place and locked. I was mostly conflicted to if I should be in awe or cringe...

"Alright- grandpa is waiting!" Lief smiled and grabbed my hand as he dragged me off.

I feel like I'm forgetting something...

Killua's POV:

"... Who the hell are you-?" I asked the 80's freak who randomly appeared in the medical room.

"Oh wow I'm offended, white boy" he hummed as I gasped, "I'm not that pale!" I complained and he rolled his eyes, "no, your hair, dumbass"

".. oh" I said quietly and looked away. "Anyways... my name is Bob! Haha. No its not Bob actually... thats a terrible name!" He laughed at his pathetic joke and I just sat there confused.

"What, you got no humor? Oh come on that was a slapper, wasn't it?" He complained as he got close and tilted my chin up to meet his eyes. His dark purple eyes, "The name's Jasper" he smiled twistedly and I gulped.

"That's... a rather regular name for such a sporadic flamboyant creep you are" I spat out, swatting his hand away. He just hummed, "Yet totally fitting, right?" He proclaimed proudly and I sighed and looked away. "Just.. get out. Creep.." "Jasper. The name is Jasper" he reminded me with a odd smile.

"Ok.. Jasper.. please get out. I'm... not feeling good" I lied. Oddly enough I felt fine. "Oh, suffering, are you? Oh such a sorrow, such a woe!" He said dramatically as he strutted across the room and sat on the medical bed, "Guess you got to deal with it~"

I really got annoyed of this guy and crackled my knuckles individually, "Alright... I will make you leave by force unless you leave right now. Consider your options. Legs or no legs?" I threatened as he looked as threatened as if I was a kitten.

"Awe- so cute!" He patronized me as he got close and booped my nose. I got pissed at this point and sharpened my nails, swiftly aiming for his left main artery but I was surprised as my quick reflexes were matched equally with his right hand firmly catching my wrist a inch away from his neck, titanium grip. He kept smiling but his eyes turned sinister and he leaned in.

"I wouldn't do that if you want to see your precious little boyfriend again~"