16

JIMIN POV

It had been a month since I had abandoned Jungkook without warning at the summer house.

I had spent an entire month not working, not daring to take any other clients even if I'd wanted to but I didn't.

I felt hollow.

I could barely eat or sleep.

My heart ached.

I would be all right for money for a while, Jungkook had paid me a lot for the job I'd mostly failed to do but I had not spent much of it.

I hadn't bought my new car.

I was terrified about the future and what it would look like for me if I could never work again.

Not only did Jiwoo seem unhinged enough to murder anyone else I tried to touch but Jungkook's claim over my heart made me unlikely to want to fuck another alpha like I had before I'd found my mate.

It had taken me awhile to figure it out, but I got it now Jungkook is my mate.

My honest-to-god, soul-deep mate.

That was why we'd connected so quickly, why we'd felt that pull towards each other.

Why it felt like I'd had my heart torn out, despite us only spending one weekend together.

I had found the other half of my soul and now it was gone and I could hardly breathe with it.

It was my own fault we were apart.

I had Jungkook's number.

I knew where he lived.

Jungkook was a well-known alpha in the city and he didn't exactly fly under the radar.

I could contact him wanted to contact him but Jiwoo kept warning me off, reminding me with daily texts that I belonged to him and that any one else, any other alpha who dared come near me, would suffer the consequences.

Only there was something bigger now, a reason to go to Jungkook that overpowered even Jiwoo's very real threats

I thought I might be pregnant.

I'd had serious morning sickness for the past few weeks, my sense of taste and smell was off and despite physically looking smaller and eating less than usual, I had not lost much weight on the scale.

None of that was concrete evidence of pregnancy but there was something else that I couldn't interpret any other way.

I felt pregnant.

It was as if I could sense the life growing inside of me.

Feel its soul.

It made a certain amount of sense.

I knew that wolf packs could sense each other and my own child would be the closest blood I had for a long time.

I lay on my bed pressing my hands to my stomach.

My belly was still pretty flat, so I couldn't say for sure.

I'd been too scared to find out and I didn't want to do it alone.

I wanted Jungkook there with me when I did, my mate, the other half of my soul.

The father of the potential life growing within me.

He should be there for this and even more than I wanted to be back with him.

I wanted him to know about his baby, if there was one.