20

JIMIN POV

I was locked in the trunk of a car.

As I came to, I felt dizzy, my mouth dry and tacky from whatever drug I'd been given.

If I didn't think I'd be forced to lie there with it, I might have thrown up what little was in my stomach.

Trying to breathe but lacking much extra oxygen, I assessed my situation.

I was tied up, tight rope binding my wrists together behind my back, with more around my knees and ankles.

I thought about shifting into wolf form but it was likely I would still be hogtied if I did considering how tight the rope was.

It had cut off some of my circulation already, my feet and hands felt numb when I tried to move them to loosen the bonds.

Besides shifting took energy and I wasn't sure I had that to spare.

I could barely move.

My heart began to pound with terror, hammering against my chest.

I screamed, tried it a few times at the top of my lungs, but nothing changed and it was a waste of breath.

I was coated in a cold sweat, shivering, probably a side effect of the drug and the stress of waking up trapped.

I was afraid I'd suffocate.

Instinctually, I was trying to protect my baby from harm by curling around myself but in the end that wouldn't help if I did suffocate or starve to death.

I just had to count on the fact that I was a shifter and tough enough to pull through and that as fated mates our child would be strong and healthy, too But I was helpless to do anything to get myself free.

I hadn't seen who captured me but it didn't take a genius to figure it out.

I remembered the phone ringing at Jungkook's penthouse and I was just starting to get comfortable there.

He'd left to get me breakfast.

I remembered going to answer it putting my back to the room.

Then a sound behind me, like the shift of material then somekkthing pressed over my mouth, a damp cloth and a vile smell.

Then nothing.

Blackness.

And that was how I'd ended up in a claustrophobic car trunk, kidnapped.

Fucking Jiwoo.

I didn't know how long I'd been there but my throat was parched raw, my legs and arms tight with cramps.

Hours, at least.

I was desperate to pee.

I couldn't think about that, I told myself, trying to calm my terrified mind and thumping heart.

The panic would take me over and destroy any attempts at rational thought.

I needed my wits.

Jungkook.

He was probably going crazy, if he had figured out what had happened.

Tearing apart the whole world in his fury and desperation.

I felt so fucking stupid for never giving Jungkook any information about Jiwoo.

Jungkook had no fucking idea what to do, where to go.

He knew nothing, because I had made sure of it.

But I was gone and the baby was gone and Jungkook had to be in agony.

The car rumbled to a stop.

I heard footsteps on dry, dusty ground.

The trunk popped open and moonlight spilled in.

It was late, the depths of night.

I felt like I was in a horror movie.

Jiwoo eyes were wide and crazed.

He had a bottle of water in his hand and he wrenched my head up, forcing water into my mouth.

I swallowed embarrassed by how grateful I felt.

"You should have listened," Jiwoo muttered.

"Where are we going?" I asked desperate to get some sort of answer for him.

"What are you going to do?"

"Jiwoo, whatever you do--"

"You shouldn't have disobeyed me."

"I warned you..."He slammed the trunk closed in my face sealing me in darkness.

No! No! C'mon, he had to give me something better than that!

Starting to panic, I kicked at the trunk.

It was no use.

A few moments later, the car rumbled on.

_____________________________________