25 (M)

JUNGKOOK POV

All I wanted in the world was to get my omega home.

That home had been violated, however and I wasn't sure either of us would be able to sleep even knowing that he was dead.

We also couldn't stay at the summer home.

My dad was having a cleanup crew come through and I thought the memory of shooting Jiwoo in the head was fresh enough for my pregnant omega.

We ended up in a hotel.

I got us the nicest suite money could buy and pulled Jimin behind the safety of a closed, locked door.

"Alpha." he whispered and leaned in to kiss my lips.

We were both exhausted but I knew that just once before I slept, I needed to be reminded that we were both alive. We had survived.

Our hands moved as if on their own stripping away clothing.

Joon had lent me something to put on after I'd torn my clothes shifting—the suit was a little small and I was eager to have it off.

As for Jimin's clothes, I mostly tore them off eager and possessive toward my mate.

I had nearly lost him to another alpha.

Jimin had offered himself to Jiwoo and I had to re-stake my claim.

The wolf inside me needed to remind him who he belonged to.

As soon as we were both undressed, I lifted him and took him to the large jacuzzi-style bathtub that had come with our premium suite.

I held him as he reached over to turn it on and the bath began to fill with warm, bubbling water.

Together we settled into it, Jimin in my lap and the scent of Jiwoo slowly washed away from us along with all the blood, sweat and tears of the last twenty-four hours.

I realized I hadn't even checked my phone.

After Jimin went to bed, I would probably have to call and reassure Lisa.

But for the moment all I had to do was breathe and take care of my omega.

My fiancé. Crazy how that had happened.

I hadn't even had a ring but the proposal had slipped out.

Jimin was quiet, his head resting on my shoulder and I could understand why.

He had shot the bastard who had tried to force him into sex who had threatened our baby in the head.

I wasn't sure any amount of therapy could help him with that but maybe it wouldn't hurt.

Time too would lessen the shock.

We both knew he'd done exactly what I would have done with teeth and claws if he hadn't.

He still smelled vaguely of the dead alpha which I hated.

My inner wolf snarled at the scent of Jiwoo even though I knew he was out of the picture.

I wet a cloth lathering it with soap and then began to wash Jimin's slender body, starting at his shoulders, scrubbing his back.

I even gently washed the blood from his face.

I scrubbed his arms, his thighs noticing he was still hard So was I.

I would knot him but not before I had made sure that every trace of Jiwoo was gone from him.

After I was certain his body was clean, I wet his dirty-blond hair, sticky with sweat, and scrubbed shampoo into it.

My fingers dug into his scalp, massaging deeply and I drew a moan from him.