7

Jungkook pov

"Living up to our name, right, Jeon?"

Tristan grabbed a buffalo wing that was at least a week old and ripped a hunk of flesh off with his teeth.

"Yup." I leaned back against the counter, folding my arms and crossing one leg over the other.

Tristan was about to wax poetic.

"Rough housing, letting out our pent-up alpha aggression, and mowing down a fuckton of omegas-"

"A little community outreach,"

I added flatly. Tristan waved a dismissive hand at me.

"Yeah, whatever. I was trying to talk about how we're omega bait, bro."

"Our house is the most popular on frat row.We throw the most out-of-control parties like every night of the week."

"We're hot, we're set for life. Doesn't get any better than this, dude."

"I just hate I'm gonna have to start in my dad's office next year and pretend to work."

"Putting our tax dollars to good use, I see." I sipped my protein shake.

"The best. Gonna buy myself a fuckin' Camaro with my salary, bro."

"In the meantime, gotta party hard while I can. Knock down the omegas like dominoes until I find the right trophy to marry, you know?"

"No."

Did I participate? Absolutely.

I wasn't as bad as Tristan or Hazel or DeAndre, but I got mine.

It wasn't hard, but it wasn't that serious that I had to have someone new in my bed every night.

I was gonna be a family man with a mate I loved and respected.

Someday, anyway.

Who's the new omega the Engineering geeks are harboring?

They might be more my type.

Maybe even someone to keep around more than one night.

"You and Park last night," Tristan said, like he read my mind.

"Pure comedy."

"Fucking Park. So damn hard-headed. Couldn't even respect our reservation. You did reserve the pool tables,right?"

Tristan grinned, snickering like he had a secret. I scowled.

"What the actual fuck, dude." Tristan broke out laughing, slapping his palm on the counter.

It was easy to see why Park didn't like him.

Not many people did, but Tristan was an instigator on top of everything else.

Did I imagine the fear scent, though?

"It's just that I love to see you two go at it. It's better than a soap opera."

"Dipshit," I said, shaking my head as Tristan lost it,so proud of the needless chaos he caused.

There I was being a dick to Park when ALPHA was in the wrong.

It bothered me that I was a dick, but it bothered me that I might have hurt Park.

Since when did I care about that?

I pushed away from the counter, suddenly needing some air.

"Gotta get moving," I told Tristan.

"Hanging posters today."

"Oh,Community outreach. Advertising our latest fundraiser and shit."

Our fundraisers were always hella successful because so many students fell all over themselves for our attention.

I shoved Tristan hard as I walked past.

He thumped into the refrigerator, rocking it so hard he had to grab it to keep it from crashing onto the floor.

He just laughed. It was all so fucking funny to him.

Another sunny day, A few clouds gathered in the sky for a little variety, and a slight breeze blew.

It was a little chilly, but nothing a decent sweater couldn't handle.

I strolled around to all the major buildings on campus; the dining halls, the dorms, and back to Student Union, hanging up our posters in their designated spots.

Oxford proved a problem, however.

The heavy copper-plated doors squealed a little as I pulled them open.

There was a hint of...oh. The Mystery Omega was close; they were some where inside Oxford.

I stepped in the doors, craning my head to look for them.

Dumb idea, Jeon, you got no idea what they look like.

I kept my eyes and nose open as I headed for the main bulletin board, right inside the entrance.

I walked right into the wall. Only, it wasn't the wall. It was strong, warm, malleable flesh. Surprised, I breathed in through my nose, sharply. A hot streak of arousal shot through me.

"What the- seriously, Jeon?" It was Park.

The arousal dampened but it didn't go away.

I slammed my eyebrows down, giving him my best scowl even though a part of me was, what, happy to see him?

Couldn't be.

"Don't start, Park."

He started. "This guy rams into me and tells me not to start. The nerve of some people."

"Talking to yourself?"

"Of course I'm talking to myself, I'm the smartest person in this conversation,"

he sniffed with a clever little smile.

"Here to get your daily bullying fix, or what? I'm gonna start charging you, make myself some tuition money, cut down on these student loans."

He stood there with a hip poked out, tapping his foot.

"Why are you tapping your foot like a grandma?"

"Because I am one," he said without missing a beat. He caught me off guard and I almost laughed out loud.

Like, a genuine laugh.

Instead, I schooled it into something mocking,just a snort and a half-smirk.

Park stretched up then, reaching to staple a poster into the one free space on the board.

His gray jeans sat low on his hips and his t-shirt rode up, exposing sharply defined v-cuts.

Didn't know he had those.

I snapped myself out of it.

____________________________________________