Chapter 2

"There's not a drug on earth that can make life meaningful."

2 years after the incident

She moves in with her mom and her mother's new boyfriend.

Her mom begins drinking more and more under the influence, of her boyfriend, Cal.

Danielle watches tv, and she then changes the channel.

Cal grabs her arm, stopping her from changing the channel.

" Danielle why don't you buy some food, your mother is very tired?", Cal asks, giving her money.

"Ok.", Danielle says, grabbing the money, then moving her arm away from him.

Danielle gets up, then leaves the small apartment.

She heads to the grocery store and grabs a cart. She places water, eggs, bread, milk, and cheese in the cart, then she hears a girl's voice.

"That's a lot of food. I'm Ruth.", Ruth says, holding her hand out.

"Danielle", Danielle says, shaking her hand. Danielle notices Ruth smile while shaking her hand. Then her phone rings. It's her mom's boyfriend. Danielle sighs.

"I should get going. It's my stepfather."Danielle says, moving her cart, then heading to the register to pay for the food.

Danielle arrives back home to the door unlocked. She sees people with her stepfather as her mom smokes.

"I got food.", Danielle says, smiling at her mother. Her mom's boyfriend looks at her.

"You can put it in the fridge, thank you very much", Cal says. Danielle rolls her eyes at his arrogance.