Chapter 3

"A woman has a fundamental right to make this choice for herself."

Warning before further reading-
⚠️TW: Rape, Abortion⚠️

Danielle, 14

Danielle wakes up to grown men yelling loudly. Her mother then goes to her room then shuts the door.

"What's going on?", Danielle asked.

"Everything is going to be fine.", Mother says, then grabs her hand leading her to the bathroom. Her mom begins brushing her hair and putting makeup on her.

"Mom?", Danielle says worried.

"Behave Danielle.", Mother says then brings her to the living room, where Danielle sees the couch turned into a pull-out bed.

"What's going on?", Danielle asks, as her mother backs away from her. As the men walk towards her. Danielle tries to run away, then the men pick her up and throw her on the bed. They rape her.

1 month later

Danielle goes to her friend's house and finally tells her what happened a month later.

"That's horrible", Ruth says in shock at what her friend had just told her. Ruth then looks at her and asks. "Are you okay?" Danielle cries to her. "I don't know."

Ruth hugs her friend, trying to keep her comfort.

"Did you get your period yet?", Ruth asks out of concern.

"You know I got it when I was 12, "Danielle says.

"No, I mean this month," Ruth says.

"You think I'm pregnant?", Danielle asks.

"I mean there is a chance. I have a test, my mother never used it. You should take it just in case."Ruth says.

Danielle sighs, and grabs the test, then goes to the bathroom. She waits a couple of minutes, then gets the results.

"What does it say?", Ruth asks.

"I didn't check. Can you check with me?", Danielle asks nervously.

"Sure.", Ruth says pleasantly.

They check the test.

"Positive!", Ruth says in shock.

Danielle's eyes widen.

"What are you going to do?", Ruth asks.

"Promise not to judge?", Danielle asks.

"Of course, I won't.Promise.", Ruth says.

"I want to abort it", Danielle says fearfully.

"I completely understand. It says you are 4 weeks, just hold on for 2 more weeks. Me and my mom could go with you", Ruth says.

"Thank you. I have to go, but see you at school tomorrow..", Danielle says.

They hug then Danielle leaves to go back to her house late in the night. Then goes to sleep. She wakes up the next morning for school.

Fast forward to school, to 2 weeks, the day of abortion.

Danielle and Ruth leave the school building as Ruth's mom picks them up, to take them to the doctor.

The doctor finished up

"You are now baby free. How do you feel?", the doctor asks.

"Ok.", Danielle says, looking down at her hands.

Stay tuned for the next chapter