8

Stepping out of the car, I'm met with the usual flashes of photography and calls of my name from the media and fans alike. Some of the cast like Toni, Jamie, and Ana are already here speaking to media.

I don't actually notice Chris is here until I look over whilst having some pictures taken and see him occasionally glancing over to me, while trying not to make anything obvious. I can tell he's probably dying on the inside though and continue having pictures and talking to journalists - then moving onto fans.

"Ev, we need some cast pictures". Lucy says and I nod, finishing signing some things and then going over to join everyone, saying hello to them.

We have a few pictures taken and go inside to get ready for the quick Q&A before we show the film.

As we walk in I feel a hand on my lower back and Chris is there. "You trying to kill me Evermore?" He says quietly.

I plead ignorance. "I have no idea what you're talking about. I simply chose this because I knew it would turn heads".

"Mission fucking accomplished" He growls softly, and then we part, walking in and taking our seats - conveniently next to one another.

We don't have any more time to talk as the Q&A begins, the questions once more seeming the same. I look to Chris  at one point and he winks whilst yet another question that's been asked before is brought before us. That's the only thing I hate about this. Journalists always seem to repeat themselves.

I feel the relief overcome me once we wrap the session up and then head to find our seats - once again sitting next to one another with Megan and Lucy either side. I know that Chris would prefer to not be sitting here. He hates watching himself and he'd most like to be at the bar or to leave and go onto somewhere else. I can see why, I find watching myself a little awkward. Just like reading about myself - that's the number one cardinal sin in Lucy's book.

I've listened to her though, I never read anything the press put out about me. It can do more harm than good.

Halfway through the movie I feel Chris's hand rest on my thigh and place my own on top of his after deciding whether I should. He instantly takes it, keeping a firm grasp.

Another sign that he doesn't want to let go.

"I'm gonna head to the bar". I say to Lucy and let go of Chris's hand. "I need something strong".

Like his biceps choking the life out of me strong...

Lucy nods, "want me to come with?" She whispers.

"Nah I'll be fine, I've seen this before anyway, I'll see you once we're done". I say and get up. As much I love Lucy, I need a break from her.

I head for the bar and order a Malibu and Diet Coke, making for a booth in the corner and settling myself down.

About ten minutes later Chris appears and cocks his head towards a quiet hallway away from everything. I down the rest of my drink and follow, once we've rounded the corner he's got me against the wall, lips on mine. "I can't be long" he says, "they'll know exactly what we're doing otherwise".

"When you flying home?" I ask between kisses.

"Tomorrow morning, you?"

"Same". I nod breathlessly and give him one last deep kiss. "What now? Once we're back in the US then what? What are we gonna do?"

He sighs, "that's something I need to figure out".

I feel my heart fall into the pit of my stomach. "What is there you figure out? You said you were leaving her..." I trail off.

"And I will! But I need to figure out how I'm gonna do this. We've been together a long time, I can't just come right out with it".

Like an idiot, I accept this. "Okay..." and look away. Deep down I know that history will most likely repeat itself, but that small part of me remains hopeful for him.

He turns my face to look at him. "Hey, it'll all be ok, I'll sort it. Just me and you Evermore". Placing a light kiss on my lips he sends me a text in front of me. "Don't read it until I'm back in there ok?"

"Okay" my heart flutters and he returns inside.

I make my way back to the bar and order another couple of drinks, then settling down and reading the message he's just sent me.

I'll tell Jenny once I'm back, I promise - from now on it's just me and you. My Evermore x

Again my heart skips a beat, feeling giddy at his words.

He's serious.

I'm his.

His 'Evermore'.