25

Ever Wynter shares 'Gray Man' behind the scenes pictures on Instagram.

Chris Evans and Ever Wynter look bloodied and bruised as they compare 'Gray Man' wounds while filming.

First glimpse of Chris Evans as Lloyd Hansen as he's spotted on set with co-star.

Somehow I manage to get through the rest of filming without letting onto Chris that I heard the conversation on the night that we went to dinner, but my mind has been in such a muddle. I couldn't even concentrate on the phone to Scott after I'd wrapped and simply told him I was exhausted.

I am.

I'm exhausted of feeling this way. It's now been at least a month since I got back home and I still feel no better.

Chris 🐶: look at this goof

I see the picture of Dodger that he's sent and it melts me. His little eyes are wide with excitement.

Did you say the words 'dog park'?

Chris 🐶: unfortunately yes 💀

RIP you're gonna be there forever 🤣

Chris 🐶: #prayforchris

Every night...

Send me doggy content 🥰

Chris 🐶: I beg your pardon Evermore?! 😈💀

Not that kind!!! 🤣🤣 Ffs I meant of Dodge!!

Chris 🐶: here was me thinking you had a new kind of hobby.

Well...

Fuck...

Don't do this Ever.  My mind warns me.

I type my message back and then wince as I press send. I think by now we both know what I'm into.

Yeah, texting my co star who I had an affair with while my boyfriend is on a bloody zoom call in the next room.

Great. Now I've overstepped the mark and Chris has said nothing.

I lounge on the sofa for a while longer until Scott's finished up on his call. He comes out and stretches, seeing me there on my phone. "Everything alright?"

"Yeah, was your call interesting?"

He makes a face, "could've done without it". And then he sits next to me. "Ev...I think we need to talk about a few things".

I frown everything ok?"

"That's what I was gonna ask you". He smiles, "look I'm gonna throw it out there, you and Chris - I know how you both feel about one another".

I want to be sick...

How the fuck is he so calm and nice about it all. I'm the bad guy in all this.

"I...geez Scott". I sigh and get up pacing. "How did you even know?"

"The way he looks at you, how you two are when you're  together? I know the look, so you gonna tell me what the deal is between you guys?" He asks me seriously.

I look at him. "I didn't cheat...I promise you nothing's happened while I've been together with you. We agreed to be friends and banter just as we always have ".

"And what about before me? You've worked together, was there something then?" I nod and he takes in what I have to tell him, about Jenny, everything.

"If you wanna yell at me, tell me how much of a bitch I am I can take it".

At this point I am more than ready for him to throw me off the ridge his house is on if it means satisfaction for him and putting me out of my misery.

Scott beckons me to him and sits me down, putting his arm around me and pulling me in for a hug. "Ev, I guessed a long time ago. Now I've heard the full story? A) I'm shocked that Jenny lied and B) it wasn't your fault, Megan kept you two apart essentially".

"Still doesn't make up for the fact we had an affair". I mumble, feeling so ashamed of myself.

"But he wasn't happy, he was going to leave and then was stopped. Sometimes there's things that aren't worth fighting for. We gave 'us' our best shot but I'm not gonna stand in the way of you and Chris, just like you told me he wasn't going to with us. Even I can see you two were clearly meant to be together and not us".

By now I'm sobbing. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."

"Ever, I still want to be friends if you do - honestly I've had time to think about things".

This makes me cry even harder because he's not angry at me. He's doing this to make me happy".

"I need all the friends I can get". I sob, especially one like him.

He hugs me and then passes me a tissue to dry my eyes with. "Ev, you know what you have to do. Just promise me that you guys won't screw it up?" He chuckles.

I half laugh, half cry.

"Honestly? Apart from being with you, the last couple of years have been hell".

"Well let's just hope the next ones are better". He says and gets up, making us both a drink. "Are you going to tell him?"

I shake my head. "I just need a few days to get my head together, then I will"

Scott nods, "Don't keep him waiting, although after the shit you guys have been through? I suppose another few days probably don't matter".

I hope not because after that last text? I don't want to have made him rethink everything again.