20

"Ok so we've got to address this, because this seemed to be the most hilarious thing to come from the BAFTAs this year..."  the presenters of Good Morning Britain now begin as I chat with them via video link from my hotel the next morning. I won for my role in Downton, something I never thought I would achieve - and the clincher?

Chris and Henry presented it to me.

As Chris gave me a kiss on the cheek I felt my skin tingle. "Welldone Ever". He whispered and then took a step back so I could thank people.

I could still feel the burn on that cheek for the rest of the night

"I think I know what this is about". I laugh. "It's the cookies isn't it?" It seems to be all anyone is talking about at the moment.

"This picture here, now we see you and the wonderful Henry Cavill munching away on these cookies and then down in front of you, this reaction from Chris Evans..." the presenters now show me the second picture and I laugh and nod, "now...what's the story behind this because everyone is finding it rather amusing this morning now that they've seen it".

"We got a little peckish and Henry had this stash of cookies in his jacket". I now explain. "And so he offers me one, and of course one turns to three - and then Chris, who was sat in front, he turns around and obviously gets the giggles as we're having this cookie picnic at this really serious event, and when he gets the giggles, he really gets them" I smirk. "I don't think he expected us to just be sat there eating when he turned around".

"And you're friends with both those guys right?"

"Yeah, yeah Henry is like a big brother to me, obviously looked after me when we filmed together and Chris..."

You cannot pause here Ever

"Chris and I are very close friends, have been from the moment we had our read through for Knives Out, so I think it's great that the whole cookie thing is with these guys, they presented me with my award so sharing the evening with them as well as my boyfriend was very special".

"You were surrounded by very good looking men!"

"I was yes! I certainly wasn't complaining".

Just crying on the inside...

We continue talking about my win, about Scott and what's coming up next for me before we finish the interview and go off air.

Amy now comes up. "Ok, all done - car is waiting for us to take us to the airport when you're ready?"

I nod and make my way back to my suite where Scott is putting some stuff into my bag. "You all done?" He asks, planting a kiss on the same cheek Chris did.

"Yep, we ready?"

"Let's go home babe". He puts his arm around my waist and we head down to the car.

Back to Texas we go.

**

Never asked, did you get any goss from Chris? I text Henry once we land.

Fat Cavill: Fuck all. He just said Jenny? That her? That she was at home. Something didn't seem right though so I think he's keeping something tight lipped 🤔

They've split.

I can tell that they have. She would've been there with him last night and not at home.

Do I text him?

He really didn't seem himself and I know it was because he saw Scott and I together.

Fuck it.

Were you ok last night? Didn't seem yourself? I message him

He doesn't reply until a few hours later. Yeah I'm fine x

Ok, just worried for you x

You shouldn't be. I'm all good x

Where the fuck was Jenny?! I want to write but don't. Instead I choose a gentle approach. Shame Jenny couldn't be there - Henry said she decided to stay at home?

Is it really a shame Ever? x

I frown but once again I know deep down what's gone on, Chris? What's happened? x

Don't worry, it's for me to deal with. Met Scott last night, he seems nice. Good guy. I'm happy you've found someone like him x

For him to deal with? Something really isn't right here and I wonder whether in time he'll open up and tell me. You know I want that for you too right? To find someone who treats you well and makes you happy x

I know x

Is it bad that I want him to tell me that I'm that someone?