26

Chris🐶 : I'm in LA  for a few days if you're back here?  Wondered whether you wanted to catch up. 

As a matter of fact I flew in this morning so I know that at some point I'm going to have to tell him about Scott and me. 

I got home this morning, come over? 

Chris 🐶: When?

I message him back, When you free? 

Chris 🐶: Got a couple of things to do this afternoon, but free this evening unless you've already got plans with Scott?

I take a deep breath and then come clean to him. Scott and I decided to end things a few days ago, so no plans for the foreseeable - it was mutual, we're still friends but I'll explain more later.  

Chris 🐶: Shit, Ever I'm sorry - are you ok?

I'm fine, but I think we both need to talk about things. I heard what you said to your mum and brother back when we were filming and went for dinner together. 

Chris 🐶: What did you hear?

Even now I'm shaking as I type it.  About how you said you'd wait for the rest of your life for me if there was the slightest chance of doing things right. His words haven't left my head since.

Chris🐶: I meant it Ever, you know how I feel about you. Is that why you and Scott broke up? 

He knew how we felt. In the end I told him everything. He wasn't angry, he just told me that I shouldn't keep you waiting any longer. 

Chris 🐶: And will you?

When you come over tonight, you'll find out. 

If that isn't enough of an indicator to him about how I feel and what could possibly be yet to come for us, then I don't know what else is. 

He must know by now. We've been dancing around one another for long enough now. He answers this and the butterflies in my tummy begin to take flight once more. 

Chris🐶: I'll let you know when I'm on my way  x

I glance at the clock. Almost 3pm. 

For some odd reason I feel nervous now. Possibly because this could finally be happening for us. But no way are we about to let Megan or Amy or anyone come between us. They have no reason or right to now. 

**

I'm on my second glass of wine when the gate buzzer goes off. I let Chris in, take one last sip for courage, and then go to meet him at the door. 

He's there as I open it and then looks at me with a weak smile. "Hey Evermore..." 

I don't know why, it's probably the relief that he's finally here, but I now burst into tears. 

"Hey, c'mon it's ok" He steps inside and closes the door, now holding me close. I'm short enough that he can rest his chin on the top of my head, one hand stroking my hair. 

I cling to him, knowing that now, I'm not letting go. I'm not repeating history. 

"Did you really mean it? What you said to your mum?" 

He now lets go of me and takes my face in his hands, kissing me gently. I wrap my arms around his neck and he hoists me up, my legs clamping around his waist. "I meant every...single...word..." He murmurs in between kisses and carries me through to the bedroom. 

Putting me down we tug at one another's clothes desperately until finally they're scattered, Chris pulling me astride him and slowly sinking me down onto him until fully inside of me. We're not wasting any time, we've waited long enough to do this without some form of guilt. He begins to slowly move against me as I slide up and down on him, his hands everywhere, squeezing my breasts, my ass and then moving around to circle my clit.

"Oh fuck..." I gasp as his hand speeds up. 

His lips return back to mine, my teeth gently nibbling at his bottom lip as I can now feel myself begin to tighten around him more, the familiar climatic feel building until I know I can't hold on for much longer. 

"Look at me Evermore..." 

No sooner as I do, I release over him, feeling him now shoot into me and coat me inside, fucking me through it all until finally my body goes lax against him. We hold onto another until he lifts me off him and we collapse side by side. 

Chris runs his hands back through his hair and then leans over, one arm snaking underneath my back so he can cradle me while his lips never leave mine. "I wanna do this right Ev". He tells me. 

I nod. "Me too, but it's gonna be hard considering we probably won't have any privacy - plus you're in Boston and I'm here". Now I begin to panic. "How are we going to do this without the media finding out?"

"We'll figure it out, let's not worry about that now. But we're gonna give this a shot? For real this time, no one to tell us what to do, no hiding? Just you and me Ev, like it was meant to be in the first place" 

I nod and kiss him. "Just us".