13

Flashback - 1 Year Earlier

"We can't!" I laugh quietly as Chris quickly pulls me behind the back of his trailer and kisses me deep. I pull away, "someone may see us!"

"Not behind here they won't". I feel my back connect gently with the side of the trailer and snake my arms around his neck, my lips meeting his again.

My worries, fears, any consideration for anything else just leave me when he kisses me, touches me, even so much as looks at me.

"Gotta say, this sweater really does things to me" I tell him between kisses, running my hand over the white cable knit, then pushing my hands underneath it so I can trace my finger over his torso. Even though he's finished up with all the Avenger films he is still really ripped, especially his arms - the sweaters he wears for this film cover that up though.

It's my day off today so I've come to watch one of the scenes with him and Ana, but to also hang out with him between scenes.

"Just the sweater? Damn I need to try harder". He laughs low into my mouth, tongue dancing with mine after he slips it in.  "Can I see you tonight?".

I nod, "I'll let you know when Lucy's buggered off, have dinner with me?" I suggest.

"I'll give you a heads up when Megan leaves". He says, resting his forehead against mine. "Ever..." he begins but then his phone rings.

It's her.

I know it is as he pulls the iPhone from pocket and then looks to me with apologetic eyes. "I have to take this".

"I know you do..." I reply quietly

It's then the guilt hits me once more, like it does during the times I remember that he has a girl at home waiting for him.

This isn't me

But I'm in too deep. I've fallen for him hard and now can't rise above the surface that's keeping me below it. It's consuming me, dragging me further under with each encounter.

I can't stop it though.

It's easy enough for anyone to tell me that I should just walk away. But I can't. We really have something, and could have something even better if he decides to leave.

He's talked to me about walking away, but I haven't pushed him to. I've just kept hopeful that he'll come on set one day and tell me it's over between him and her. It's his call after all.

We have dinner together that evening in my room once everyone left us alone. Turns out he likes pizza just as much as I do.

"Always cheese" I narrow my eyes at him

"Erm what's wrong with pepperoni?"

"Not a big meat eater" He snorts at this and I can tell he's about to say something filthy, "on a pizza!" I confirm as I laugh along with him.

He grins, "could've been worse, you could've said you liked pineapple - I'd have lost all respect for you".

"Ergh, please that's a cardinal sin"

"You sounded so British then" he shakes his head with a smile, "your accent always gets me"

"In a good way? Or bad?"

"Good of course, something about it..." he seems to go off in his own world.

I blush and look away. "I mean, I come from a family who are old school respectable so I guess that's something".  My parents literally were having kittens when I told them I wanted to go to drama school - like it was a dirtiest thing they'd ever heard. They still let me go though, even if they didn't exactly agree with what I wanted to do. 

"What's your parents like?" 

"They were strict but I can see why, they just wanted what was best for me, but didn't think my choice of career was wise". 

"You've proven them wrong though - what do they think about it now?" He asks

I shrug. "Don't know really. I'm not even sure they watch anything I've been in - I mean it's different for us because it's always awkward watching yourself, but you'd think that your family would say "Oh yes we watched that, it was very good" or "It was shit". 

At this point I'll take either from my parents. 

"You wanna know something embarrassing but cute in some ways?" He asks and I nod. Then he pulls up a picture of his mum with a box that looks like a game from the 90's. "Mystery date...as soon as it came out she went out and brought it". He grimaces. 

"Oh look at you...little bubba..." I laugh as he shows me the pictures from it. "If it's any consolation then I'd have dated Tyler". 

"Part of me expects her to whip it out for a game at family gatherings". He smirks. "But she's been there all the way". 

"Must be hard for her to listen to some of the gossip and shit". 

He nods. "She's learnt to ignore it". 

"She sounds great, better than my mum would probably do".  My mum always sees things, hears things. There is no fully escaping it really. 

Chris now shrugs, "It's just something she'll learn like my mom did". 

"I'm not holding out any hope". 

He can see I'm down and now puts the pizza boxes to one side and pulls me close to him, arms keeping firmly wrapped around me. "C'mon, let's not make this evening a downer". 

I suppose it could be worse. We could have Jenny interrupting with texts and calls. 

"You're right" I sigh and feel him kiss my hair, "What time is your wake up call tomorrow morning?" 

"4am" He winces. 

"So you can't stay then". That would be suicide if he chose to. He could oversleep or Megan could easily find him missing from his hotel room

He can tell I'm disappointed, "Ever..." He murmurs and turns my head to his, lips meeting mine. "I'm not going anywhere"