+$𖢲﹔fourteen

KOJIKU ELLA NEL

DETROIT, MICHIGAN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

-4mycanvas'🪅.

I jogged down the steps from the smell of diner being made, making my current room change instantly. My mother's good was top tier, especially during the night time.

"Go set the table." I heard my mother's faint voice say, entering inside the kitchen area seeing my brother's back facing me.

Groaning loudly- hands burried my face catching their attention.
The two gazed at me with different expressions. My mother looked at me with her loving face as always except for Saint.

His been mad at me for a day now, wouldn't even talk to me anymore, my own brother. It was crazy how this little incident I kept away from him was drifting our relationship apart.

"Mama, I'm not hungry. I'm 'bout to head over to shameek's after I set up the table."

"Nah-uhn." Mama didn't like it, this was her first time off in weeks so I understand where she was trying to come from. "You're not going over that's boys house today. And I called his mother to make sure you don't. We gon' dinner together."

"Why though?" I asked with a rolled eye, dodging the paper towels mother attempting to throw at me. "I'm just being honest mama, I don't even think Saint wants me at the table anyways."

"Don't say my name out of my mouth bro."

"Or what?!" I fire back, being used to the continuous back and forth argument we've been having. "Boy, literally nobody is scared of you," I laugh. "Especially if you got tequila pregnant."

"What the hell is she talking about." My mother says with her lips tight together, bringing violence into the vibe by hitting him on the back side of his head. "You fucking under my roof? In my house?"

"Mama, I don't even know what Koji is even talking about. She's saying bullshit mama." Saint huffs, confused thoughts filled up his head and even mine.

I don't know if what I said was true but I heard her gagging from my own ears. Was I accusing my brother or does tequila have an eating disorder nobody knows about?

"Bro, Koji!" His voice beams loudly, my body flinched as I took a step back while his tall height towered over me. "Tell mama you're lying, I didn't fuck her! My dick has been in my pants yo' what the fuck?"

"I can't believe you too." Mama says, but I ignored what she said getting partly hurt at the small puddle of tears bubbling in his eyes. "Especially you Saint, all these years I thought I raised you right and I didn't. You're becoming like your sister."

"Mama, I didn't get her pregnant. I swear on everything mama!" His body faces her, looking back at me then at her from time to time. "Koji, tell her you're just joking. Please? Sis, come on na'."

"I don't know what you're talking 'bout Saint." I know I'll hate myself for this, "You had her over when mama went to work, don't lie."

"Is that true?" Mama tends to let my lies feed in her head, actually quicker that I thought it'd be,

"Is what your sister said true Saint?" She grabs a hold of his forearm, aggressively pull him towards him do she could get a clearer answer. "You're sixteen god'damit! Why would you do this to yourself baby?"

"Mama." A small break of his voice cracks, watching him run his hands down his face with frustration. "I didn't get her pregnant, why don't you believe me?"

"..." Silence filled her reply, I stood there hating myself causing my bond with my brother loosen over a boy I don't even like, the delusion had taken over me and I hated it.