+$𖢲﹔twenty-four.

KOJIKU ELLA NEL

DETROIT, MICHIGAN

movit'👹.

Do you ever feel like you just have bad luck? Like your world just feels like crashing down every time you wake up.

I fucked up, really bad. It was like every time I get so close to someone they spill out mind blowing information, information that I was blind enough to not see. 

I really thought Giovanni was just a shy, normal teenager like me; of course, minus the normal lifestyle, my life was nowhere near that.

It was a whole mess, like I said plenty of times.

"Just in here Nel's." I let out an uncomfortable sigh, hating the cold air that blew right out of the aircon. 

This police station was fancier than the whole Detroit, this one single place made all the malls, apartments, and houses look completely poor.

Giovanni sure wasn't no rookie uncover copy, I felt like he was the toughest cops in this whole PD, but a young one—smart.

And I was nervous for my own sake.

"Take a seat Koji, why do you look so nervous?" Gio say's already knowing the answer— holding onto his cold stare he always wore gesturing his arms over for me to sit down. "You, okay?"

I stare deeply at his brown eyes, saying, "No, Gio. Please don't play with me right now... It just drives me crazy you have the nerve to ask me that while you arrested me at fucking school! What the fuck?!"

"Hey." Giovanni shrugs, barely bothered of the conversation.

"So," I lean in forward from my chair creating a small gap behind me, leaning my elbows onto the cold black table. "Let me just get everything straight... You knew about everything didn't you Giovanni?"

He nods, "Yes, and I'm sorry. Our station just found it weird you passed the rape kit or having any illegal drugs in your system. You were a missing teenager who suddenly came back barely touched."

"Koji, your face only had a few scratches, but your back had many marks of physical assault, other than that you were fine... which was just odd to us."

"Hmm." I listen on, slowly understanding where he was coming from. 

Anybody would find that weird... Right?

"Mya isn't a close friend of mine." I sigh loudly in disappointment, running a hand down my face slouching my back onto my chair again.

"I don't even know her, I only read her files. Mya ran a notorious human trafficking ring, she was high end—even had some of the police working for her too."

"I didn't know she was on that level—" I say shocked while he cut me off mid sentence.

"Yeah, me neither. She was hard to find. But sooner when you washed up not missing Mya was quiet, it was like she was dead, someone must've killed her. You must've killed her. At first you were our number one suspect." He clears his throat.

"Why would you think that?" I scoff asking, drenched in frustration. "Are you serious?"

"Dead serious, Koji, anyone would make you a number one suspect as well. So, I had to go undercover to understand your lifestyle if you were the type to kill someone—and you weren't, your life was just fucked up in all different ways. No offense."