+$𖢲﹔twenty-three.

KOJIKU ELLA NEL

DETROIT, MICHIGAN

—bape4sta'👹.

The Iverson hallways were packed as usual.

Gossips stayed pouring around the area with girls sticking their tongues down the senior's throat, i thought after Kiyara's death most people would stop being around them.

They're terrible people, i still can't believe they killed her, well, that's what the school's newsletters were saying. 

Four students at Iverson High have been charged of murder of their fellow classmate, Kiyara Brown,their names are to be remained anonymous due to their age.’

It was crazy, the school was messed up, the whole of Detroit was.

"Morning fathead," I roll my eyes at my brother's presence, pushing his friend, Shameek who was attempting to pull in for a hug. "Meek, you need to move."

"I was gon' ask her if she has a 10, i need to buy some shit off from plug." Shameek says, and he was lying, he never buys weed off plug, only Ronzo and Spyda. "Koji?"

"I spent that shit on the backies Meek, i'm broke, move!" He sucks his teeth, flicking my head childishly seeing Giovanni rush away when his eyes broke on me.

"When you said he was weird sis i didn't know you actually meant that he was weird." Saint says, noticing what i saw too. "Or maybe he just likes you, who knows, way better than Kemo I'd say."

"Kemo likes your sister?" Shameek raises a brow, shocked in words like it wasn't the complete obvious his friend was fawn over me, like i was with him too. "No, way."

"Hmm," I return a simple hum, unfazed of the conversation stopping at my locker. "I don't like him anymore though, he's— you know, has college girls around him." I say, looking over at my brother from the side getting out my things.

Saint clenches his jaw holding a tight grip on the straps of his bookbag, he knew what I meant, me and Kemo eventually fell off.

But at times Saint finds it hard the trust the words I say. And I couldn't blame him, I lied to my mother about him getting a girl pregnant.

Shameek on the other hand kept rambling on about Ronzo and his children, Spyda too.

Blabbering about he was fatherless and caught some shit from his baby mother, who knows who.

"It's just crazy how Ronzo made his own football team you know, all his little minions gon' be bad as hell!" I chuckle along with Shameek, acting like i was listening the whole time.

"He's throwing a party this Friday though, you should come, forty dollar entry i'll let y'all in free for the shit." He says, leaning on the grey locker's.

"Go with Saint, i have plans." I lied, i didn't have any plans at all. I just wanted to watch the stars and get faded like i was out of this world; something I loved doing with Gio.

"Your ma said he can't go unless you're going, so, hurry the fuck up." I groan lightly, closing my locker. Gazing at the two like i hated their guts.

"Fine, i'll go," I stare up a Shameek with blank eyes waiting for him to get the hint to leave us alone.

I didn't mind Shameek's presence really, i just urgently need to tell my brother something. "Just let me talk to Saint first, alone." I say.