Chapter 20: Stronger Than Before

Over the weekend I texted Rick, the manager from Pizza Street, and asked him if I could get my job back. Although he sounded a bit unhappy, he said if I wanted to be back I would be welcomed. I didn't want to go, but I needed money for college, so I was going to have to tolerate his abuse.

I also couldn't stop thinking about what had happened. I needed to know why Aiden had told Xander I was gay, and who else he'd told, and I also needed to talk to Celia, and see if she'd told Kyle. I was wondering if Henry had told more people too, and who? There was so much going on, and on top of that I had to study for finals, and the ACT? I didn't have time for academics.

Monday morning I sat with Aiden on the way to school. I was a bit tired, and we didn't talk. Xander, and Jayden were talking, but I couldn't hear what they were talking about. I wonder if he told his girlfriend about the nudes he had been receiving.

When we got to school I ran into Henry.

"Hey do you want to come with me to my locker?" He asked.

"I can't. I have to go to the office, but I'll catch up with you once I'm done there." I said, to show I wanted to spend time with him.

"Ok." He said, and walked away. I was about to go to the office when I saw Kyle trying to get my attention. He wanted me to go hang out with them. I signed that I needed to get to the office, and kept walking. I need to go to get my schedule changed. I didn't want to take Film Studies II, and I was going to take a study hall instead. That way I would have time to do my homework, and be able to go to work. I was also excited I was going to be taking creative writing class, second semester. Things were looking up.

The whole time in the office I wondered why Henry wanted me to go with him to his locker. He had never asked me to go with him to his locker before, I wonder if he was going to ask me out. But that was just wishful thinking, but maybe, just maybe he wanted to tell me he liked me, or maybe he just wanted to spend time with me. We were halfway through senior year, and there was a chance we were never going to see each other again, but maybe wanting to spend time with me meant something, and I really wanted to hold on to that idea. Once I got my schedule changed I went to see if Henry was at his locker, but he wasn't.

When the day ended I jolted Henry's locker, but he was there with Jordan.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey, did you get what you needed earlier?" He asked.

"Yeah, I got my schedule changed. I dropped out of Film Studies II. Taking a study hall instead."

"Why you drop out? I thought you liked it."

"Yeah, but it was getting hard, and I wanted to give myself a break."

"So you just quit everything that gets too complicated?" Jordan said. "Isn't that why you quit your job?"

"You may be right, but I got my job back. I start Sunday." I said sarcastically.

"Wait, you went back?" Henry asked.

"I'm surprised they let you go back." Jordan said.

"Yeah, me too. And yeah, I just need money for college."

"I thought you said you didn't want to go to college." Henry said shocked.

"I changed my mind. I want to get out of my parents house, and have a good life, and have fun."

"I see." Henry said.

"Speaking of having fun, who is really Kevin, and why do you hang out with him a lot? If he's your boyfriend that's fine. I, as your best friend, just want to know" Jordan said smiling. I don't know if it was to annoy me or just to make Henry blush, but he accomplished both.