The crossing

The group has finally arrived at the crossing between worlds. Emma used the pen to unlock the door and started to get everyone through. Ray heard some unfamiliar sounds so went to go see what it was and noticed some of the farm mothers heading there way with weapons.

"Emma get everyone including yourself through. I'll be back"

"Ray no, you aren't doing this alone"

"Emma. Just go through I'll be fine!"

Before she could respond Ray dropped his stuff and raced off towards them trying to draw their attention. Emma continued to get everyone through, Don grabbed Ray's bag showing Emma he had it and went through she followed behind being the last person.

An hour had passed and Emma started to worry. She started to pace around the hotel room the kids had set up for them by Mr Minerva. Emma, Ray, Don and Gilda were going to share a room. Gilda noticed Emma's stress so got her to sit down.

"Emma it's Ray after all, he will be fine"

"But what if he's not Gilda, what if this one time something does happen?"

"It won't"

"You don't know that!" Emma slightly snapped before looking down "I'm sorry Gilda it's just..."

"I know you're worried for him, would it help if either don or myself went to go look for him?"

"Why not me?"

"I think if I was in Ray's position. I would want you to stay safe so I won't have to go through the whole fear of losing you"

"Don has a good point Emma"

"Fine, either of you can go"

"Okay, I'll stay with you and Don can go?"

Don nodded and headed out to find where Ray was he eventually came across the dark haired boy noticing him slightly limping but making his forward. Ray caught up to Don, the taller boy offering Ray help to walk which of course was refused and Ray kept walking.

"Ray what happened?"

"Well I got them off our trail, the new grandmother of the place was suddenly on our side. She looked familiar but that's not important. We should be safe now"

"Oh that's good we are safe but why are you limping"

"One minute I could run on it, the next I couldn't. I must have gone over on my ankle"

"Emma is going to be super worried now"

"At least I didn't get shot or something like that"

After a while of walking, which took longer because of Ray's bad leg, the two got back and Don led Rad where to his stuff was. As the door opened, Emma turned her head to look at it seeing Ray so went over to hug him, burying her head into his shoulder. Don and Gilda smiled at Ray and the two headed out to give them some space. Emma teared up letting a few tears escape as she slightly lectured Ray but not in a mad way.

"Don't you ever do that again, you hear me? I was worried Ray.... I didn't want to lose you"

"I know and I'm sorry Emma but I was more worried you'd get yourself injuried and that would have been way worse. I promise from now on, most of the time you can do everything you want with me if you must"

"Mhm and good I have to make sure you don't injure yourself. You don't look injuried which is good"

Emma pulled back and walked over to bed, patting it next to her to get Ray to sit by her. Ray smiled and limped over, Emma saw this and gave him a concerned look.

"It's fine Emma. Just a minor injury, it will heal"

She reluctantly agreed with him, he sat down and Emma immediately got him to lie down using her as a pillow as she fiddled with his hair.