W..What?!

Emma listened to what Don was saying waiting till he had finished before speaking

"What?! Why didn't she say something?!"

"I don't know Emma but you've got to act like you don't know anything about this"

"Don how can I? After what I just found out?"

"I know, I'd feel the same but if you want to avoid conflict this may be the best way. I'll do my best to avoid anything going on between her and your relationship with Ray and see if I can find a way to sort it"

Emma took a deep breath "Yea I guess the best we can do is act like nothing is going on and just carry on with our lives"

"Yea look if anything starts to seem like it may take a turn for the worse I will tell you"

"You better!"

"Got it! Now I'll let you catch up with Ray and Norman and good luck with whatever you three are up to"

"Thanks" Emma smiled and Don before heading off to the town centre. She grabbed her phone and called Ray to figure out where they were and made her way to that location.

She arrived at the game store and went inside to find Ray and Norman talking to someone who she assumed was the manager or maybe the boss .

"And the girl who's just walked in is someone also looking for job but I understand if you don't have the space we can find other places"

"Now it depends on what she would work best in as we have a vacancies in jobs like how.. the Emo looking kid"

"Ray, sir." Ray corrected him keeping s polite tone.

"Thank you Ray, seems he may fit working in the back or at the register best whereas by judging Emma she look she may suit one of our more on the ball jobs"

Norman nodded in agreement about to speak but got cut off by Emma. "That would be a very correct judgement Sir, I would be looking for a job that doesn't have me standing around all day."

"We probably won't have the best jobs for that unless you work in the back or restocking shelves"

"I could manage that. Would it be better if I had a trial period for you to asses whether you think it's worth having me in this job?"

"I think and don't take this the wrong way but I'm may hire Ray instead but there is a few jobs around so you will find one"

Emma smiled at the guy. "I totally understand your decision and thank you I will find something"

Norman smiled at her and the three were about ti head off before the guy spoke again

"Could I talk to Norman and Ray privately for a moment?"

Emma took the memo and walked out looking at the shops down the street and now bearing in mind the idea of an active job tried to find which places may suit her best.

After a while the two walked out and Emma raced over to them giving them a confused look as Norman was whining to Ray.

"Huh? What happened?"

"Ray got the manager job instead of me"

"Oh, well done Ray and sorry Norman, maybe one day you'll get it"

"I'm not mad it's just he got it and I've been working there for however long"

"Don't be too hard on yourself sometimes employers want outside hires for higher jobs"

"I guess you're right Ray anyway let's find Emma a job"

"There will be something but for now can we just leave it and maybe come back to this tomorrow"

"Sure"

The three headed back and they all went to Ray's room to watch a film together to relax. Ray sighed as the two argued over what to watch, Emma demanding "mean girls" while Norman wanted to watch "Hamilton"