Plans?

(Sorry for vanishing! I've had work (I have a job ;-;) so it's hit and miss when I'm working, then had covid jab and was Ill)

Ray started to stir noticing Emma still had a grip on him so stayed still not wanting to disturb her. He sat quietly while waiting for her to wake up, slightly zoned out as he stared at the clock in the room they were in. Zoned in enough to process things but not enough to notice Emma had woken up. Almost jumping when he felt her randomly kiss his forehead.

"Morning Ray!"

"Morning sleepyhead"

"Heyyy I only slept- wait 10 hours Nope I counted wrong"

"You slept 10 hours"

"Oh. Oh well it's good for my health. Now come on I want to show you something!"

Ray nodded half getting up, half rolling himself to get up, hearing Emma laughing at him.

"Haha very funny huh?"

"It is you're just rolling to get up"

"It's easier this way"

"Really? Why not just jump out?"

"What happened the last time you forced me to?"

"Oh never mind then!"

Emma got up and giggled while swiping one of Ray's hoodies before darting off with it to grab her own clothes. Ray playfully sighed before grabbing some clothes, wincing when he put pressure on to the leg he injuried during the attack at the crossing. He took a deep breath before forcing himself to stand on it seeing Emma walk in. Ray walked off to get dressed trying to ignore the pain that was running up his leg as he walked, not wanting Emma to notice and ruin her plans.

"Ray is your leg still hurting?"

"Barely, it's just healing at the moment it won't heal over night now will it?" He said with a small nervous chuckle.

"Yea true but it won't be that painful I can tell you don't want to stand on it at all"

"Okay fine it is, look I just didn't want to say and ruin your plans"

"Your health comes first Ray. I'd much rather spend a week with you in bed till you can walk and run properly then injure it more"

"I- fine you win"

"Yes now can I take a look at it? I'm asking because I don't want to force you"

"You're going to keep asking anyway so you might as well"

She nodded before sitting down on the ground next to his leg and noticed Ray had a swollen ankle.

"Hm let me just ask Anna for help because I genuinely have no clue"

"Or just tell me I can probably figure it out"

"Oh yea you're smart like that-"

"Mhm" Emma gave ray a quick hug before explaining.

"I just saw your ankle was swollen"

"I might have sprained it then"

Emma nodded before gently pushing ray onto the bed to sit down. He got the hint so swung himself to sit on the bed with his leg up, blushing like mad when Emma sat in his lap with her legs wrapped around him. The ginger curled into his chest.

Emma stayed as she was before mumbling to ray she was bored.

"Well what do you want to do then?"

"I don't know you think of something"

"Just for me to be told 'you're boring' and you think of one"

"Yea Ray come on! You love ittt"

"Do I?"

"Mhm. A lot!"

"Are you sureee?"

"Huh? Oh your teasing me- meanie but I-" she dropped her head into rays shoulder and mumbled "I like this side of you though"