P39

Daniella Vienn Cervantes

I tightened my grip against my palm as I was holding the certificate that I got because I won the competition for the violin contest here in paris. But it was never enough for someone like my lolo. I needed more skills, I needed to become more than my ate. But I didn't hate her despite the fact that my lolo favors her more.

My parents hates him too for doing this to us, so they never failed to make me feel that I am just amazing as my ate.

"Congratulations my sister! You really did well back there." I giggled as soon as my ate hug me here in the backstage.

But my eyes were fixed upon the little girl, trying to stop herself from crying as she bit her lower lips. It made me wanna hug her and tell her that everything is going to be fine, it made me feel that there's something about her that I needed to know.

Her brows were furrowed and almost like meeting in the middle of her forehead.

Cute.

My dad and mom were also here, they kissed my cheeks telling me how proud they are from what I did and they told me that we are going to have a dinner and shopping celebration because of my achievement. But before I got myself out of here in backstage, I told them to go on without me and that I just needed to talk to someone.

"Hey kid."

Her eyes meet within mine. I almost wanted to laugh because she looks like she's gonna cry again for a second. Damn, why does she have to be this cute? It makes me want to pinch her cheeks until it turn red but it would make me rude.

"W-what?" She was stuttering.

I started to feel the gaze of the other people and keep on whispering while looking at us, oh my. Did they thought that I was bullying this girl?!

"Why are you crying?" I asked, ignoring the other people's presence.

"B-because the o-other kid told me that I suck a-at p-playing p-piano." I suddenly felt a fuel around my head. Who the hell is that kid?!

I could almost hear my sarcastic laugh in my mind, no one should ever tell a person that she or he sucks on anything, that would make their confidence go down. If only I know who is this kid, I would probably throw her outside this building.

"Don't listen to her, your music is beautiful." I sincerely said that while not breaking our contact.

An emotion strike back on her eyes, it was odd, it was an unfamiliar feeling. I could also see that she was happy to hear my compliment.

"Really?!" She exclaimed which made me giggled, I nodded.

"Yes, I bet that your music is enchanting like how moon shines at night."

"M-Moon?" She sniffed. What a weird kid. "But moon are so far away."

I then took a deep breath, patience. "Yeah, and you know how beautiful moon is at night, right?." She nodded while trying to exhale and inhale, cute. "Then that's how perfectly your music is."

Few years later, my sister and I decided to get the course that we both love after we graduated from high school. We both have a dream about being an achitect someday, but she also have this passion to teach for college students. She was really one of the hardworking ate that I know.

We entered the college with blood and sweat, working our ass off just to prove that we deserve to be a Cervantes. My lolo would always remind us to be beautiful, smart and elegant because that's how it supposed to be for a women like us.