Office Debrief

"Dante?" The man in question turned to look at Ruby, the one who called his name. After the Grimm had retreated, the people who were there to witness the routing had gathered to cheer the Hunters in the plaza. "Yes, Miss Rose?" He says with a drawl, and a grin under his cloth mask. Dante almost gets knocked over when Ruby slams into him using her Semblance. Ruby says nothing as she hugs him.

Dante shakes his head and rubs her on the head. "It's alright Miss Rose. We made it out alive. All of us." He gestures to his celebratory group of Hunters. "Where were you? How did you end up in that tunnel?" Yang asked as the rest of Team RWBY finally neared. "Don't I have a story to tell you," He said with a chuckle. Dante eyed the Hunter in White, Summer Rose as he did so. Summer Rose, who had died and then ended up in Yharnam instead of the hereafter, then turned into a fanatical knight of Queen Annalise that turned any enemy of hers into a red paste.

That Summer Rose was now coming closer to him, longsword gripped tightly in hand. Dante then did the only thing he could have done. He saluted her. He grabbed the Burial Blade, slammed it against his chest thrice, and said, "This lowly Knight greets The Hunter in White, Blade of Queen Annalise, Summer Rose, with respect."

Ruby had gotten in the way of her mother, who now held a confused expression. Then Summer scoffed, before doing the same. "The greeting is reciprocated. However, that does not mean you are out of the fire yet, young man. You and I will be having a talk on personal space, Vileblood to Vileblood."

Dante respected the hierarchy, and despite his skill, he was not made into a Blade. He had asked the Queen before why he was not getting the promotion. He vaguely remembered something about more responsibilities and a higher chance of going mad. If Summer Rose was made into one by the Queen herself, that meant she had skill with that sword of hers, and the fact that she was still here, with her wits about her, meant she had a strong will.

The perfect characteristics for a loyal Blade of Cainhurst.

Dante followed Summer a decent distance away from the square, and what followed was a physical beating, one he had never had since he was punched into the dirt by the Cleric Beast when he first arrived. After recovering from the shock of being suddenly hit then kicked into the wall, then hit again, Summer offered him a hand.

Being a wise man, he took it.

He was pulled to his feet with ease and Summer said, "If I hear another less than savory rumor involving you and my daughters, I will emasculate you. Understand? The same goes with their teammates." She said this in a sweet tone that made Dante a little nervous, but he nodded. He was not really interested in any of them anyway.

"I'm glad we could come to an understanding, Knight Dante."

"As am I, Lady Rose."

(A/N: Lower-ranked individuals amongst the Vilebloods address those higher than them as Lord or Lady then their last name (ex. Lord Dela Cruz), while higher-ranked Vilebloods address those lower than them by rank and first name, or last name (ex. Knight Clara). This is canon, I'm FromSoftware. Just kidding.)

The two return to the square, where the Hunters were being asked for autographs. Ludwig takes it in stride, having most women ask him for autographs. Eileen has a few who shake nervously as they hand her a pen and paper. Alfred has some come up to him, and even Gascoigne has some who knew of his exploits when he was an active Huntsman ask for a signature. The rest abstained or had vanished entirely, such as Lady Maria and that unknown Huntsman who wielded the Burial Blade.

Dante notices Neo and Roman attempting to disappear into the crowd, but he is too fast for that. Dante leaves Summer Rose's side, and using the Old Hunter Bone, he appears by the two Hunters in a flash of smoke. "Hey, you two. Where are you going? After all, you're with your fellow Hunters now."