Preparations II

"And the plot thickens." Dante said. "Honestly if all it took was discriminatory talk to expose your true colors, I should've just spoken like a Yharnamite would, and we would've gotten over this a long time ago." 

Blake didn't seem to hear this, just focused on the words that came out of her mouth, as Weiss seemed to back up, more confused than ever. Yang and Ruby were also confused. "Uh, I..." was all the words Blake could seem to come up with when she suddenly bolts straight out the door. "Blake, wait!" Ruby yells, in a vain attempt to stop her from leaving. "Come back!" No one made any move to stop her.

Dante sighs. "Knew this would happen." He sighs again, and gets up. "Call me when she gets back. I'm going hunting. I have something on my mind too." He leaves.

--

It's been two days now. Dante had hunted most of the older Beowulves in the Emerald Forest, but Blake still hadn't returned. Team RWBY went back to Vale with Dante in tow, his Executioner Set and Holy Blade still stained by Grimm essence. His Ardeo was coated in a disgusting tar black.

"Dante you really don't want to bathe?" Yang spoke, referring to the Grimm essence that still clung to every fiber of his being.

"I'll bathe when we get back. I'm just a little worried." He says. "For Blake?" Weiss asks. "She's been gone all weekend." Ruby says. "Eh, she'll be fine. She's a big girl, she can take care of herself." 

"Weiss," Yang responds, "she's our teammate." 

"I can't believe it. A member of the White Fang, right under our noses." Weiss says. "Maybe she is. Maybe she isn't. Still, she's missing, and we gotta find her." They passed by a cafe. No one noticed, but Dante did. He looked up, and Blake's scent hit his nose. He smiled. "I'll catch up. Gonna get myself a cup of Joe."

He heads inside. "Hello. What would you like today." The barista asks.

"Hello..." He looks down at the nameplate on the barista. "Amelia.  I would like the blood of my enemies." The barista goes, "What?" Dante went, "What?" The barista responds, slightly amused, "What would you like today?"

"Give me a mocha. I'll take a seat upstairs."

"Of course, sir." Dante nods, and heads up. Of course he hears whispering. "He looks weird. Not from around here is he?" He sighs, since's he's used to the behind-the-back chatter. He turns to give the barista and her friend a death stare (which probably wouldn't have much effect because of the mask he wore to protect from intake of infected blood), when he sees someone right behind them. The hunter wore a garb that reminded him of Cainhurst knights, and her weapon...

Could it be... He blinked and she was gone. Agh, it was a trick of the light, Dante thought and continued upstairs to the balcony. He caught a few bits of their conversation. "Have you ever heard of the White Fang?"

"Of course. I'm pretty sure there's no Faunus on the planet that hasn't heard of them. Stupid holier-than-thou creeps who take what they want by force."

"I was... once a member of the White Fang." He heard Blake start, and her friend (Dante assumed he was her friend) spat out his morning coffee and started to cough. "Wait wait wait. You were a member of the White Fang?"

"Yeah. For most of my life in fact. You could say I was born into it."

Dante nodded, and made a mental note to talk with her about that when they reunite with the rest of the team. He knelt down on the stairs, and the Lone Messenger appeared at his feet. "Get me some new clothes, old friend." The Messenger silently nodded and disappeared into the fog. It reappeared a few seconds later, with a bundle of rags. It was the Yahar' Gul Set. "No. I do not wish to look like a kidnapper. Something else, if you please."