Trouble in the Wind

"So... Blake's your friend?" Penny asks while they continue walking.  "Yes Penny." Ruby sighs. This was quite a dilemma she was presented. 

"But you're mad at her?" Penny was a little confused, so Ruby did her best to answer. "Yes- W-well, I'm not. Weiss is." 

"Is she friends with Blake?" Penny asked again. "Well, that's kind of up in the air right now..." 

"But why?" She just gained more confusion. Ruby sighs. "Well, you see, Blake might not be who we thought she was." Penny did another dramatic gasp. "Is she a man?" Ruby turned to Penny, as if she needed to hear it again, and began to wave her hands around. "No no Penny she's... I don't know what she is." 

Ruby sighs mid-sentence. She was sighing a lot today. "She didn't exactly talk to us before running off" "I don't have many friends, but if I did, I would want them to talk to me about things." Ruby turns to look at the pavement. She agreed with what Penny said. "Me too." They continue walking up the street.

--

The hunter heard them coming. Not her prey, unfortunately. She tips her tricorn hat down and began to walk out of the alley. She hoped she cleaned herself and her weapon up enough that no one would notice.

She walks past the girl and the doll without incident.

--

"Did I miss anything?" Sun asked Blake. The two were on a stakeout at the docks for a few hours. "Not really. They off-loaded all the crates from the boat, and now they're just sitting there." Sun looks at where Blake's attention was. 

It was as she said. There were around a hundred containers full of dust, with the logo of the Schnee Dust Company imprinted on the sides of them. "Cool. I stole you some food." Sun said with a smile, as he handed Blake an apple.

"Do you always break the law without a second thought?" Blake asked as she looked at the stolen apples. "Hey, weren't you in a cult or something?" Blake just gave Sun a death glare. "Okay too soon."

Soon, the sound of a Bullhead came from overhead. Sun and Blake had wind blown against them, as the Bullhead found a landing spot at the center of the docks. After landing, Faunus wearing metal masks stepped off. "Oh no..." Blake said. They had the symbol of the White Fang painted in red on the backs of their clothes. "Is that them?" Sun asked.

"Yes. It's them."

"Alright. Grab the tow cables." One of them, who was armed with a rifle, spoke to the others. "You really didn't think they were behind it, do you?" Sun asked from their stakeout spot, as the White Fang were about to go to work. "No. I think, deep down I knew. I just didn't want to be right."

"Hey! What's the holdup?" Blake looked up in surprise. Him? There was no way... Roman Torchwood was standing on the walkway that led back into the Bullhead. The White Fang members looked up at him, and stopped working for a few seconds. "We're not exactly the most inconspicuous bunch of thieves at the moment, so why don't you animals pick up the pace?"

"Something's not right." Blake stood up. "The White Fang would never work with a human. Especially one like that." She drew her katana. Just as she was about to drop down, she felt a presence directly behind them. 

"I've researched the White Fang. With all their anti-human traditions," a blonde-haired woman in an old-fashioned suit with a tricorn hat walked past, and knelt, watching the White Fang, "the human must have offered something of high value to them."

Sun took a few seconds, and jumped back, almost screaming in terror before realizing that would give them away. "Who are you?" Blake asked. The woman looked up at her, the tricorn hat partially masking her face in shadow. "Me? I'm just an old hunter." Blake could almost hear her smile.