Suffocate

"I'll be back"
"I'll be back"
That's what you said
When you left me I wish I could stay
I wish I could stay
But I need some space
And you're in the way

Y/n slowly pressed the keys to the piano. She didn't know when she woke up, but when she did it was almost 3 in the morning. She knew that was the witching hour, and y/n no matter how much she tried she wouldn't be able to sleep. So she did the only thing she could do. Sing.

Can you see me?
I'm dancing on my own
Can you hear me?
I'm crying out for help
Is it ignorance?
Or selfishness?
You said stay here
But I'm running out of air
I hope you know
As I wait, I suffocate

Y/n didn't know why she was singing her thoughts. She didn't even know such words could fall out of her mouth. Thinking about everything that happened lately. With hailee, with her parents and life. Falling apart, and no way to fix anything. Still she continued to play not wanting to stop, for if she did she might not be able to express her emotions in a safe manner. She was singing, getting her emotions out. That was the better option rather then try once more to break the door down.

I hope you know
I hope you know
The air gets cold
When you don't hold me

She closed her eyes letting the words of her brain and broken heart take over.

She took a pause, fixing her fingers on the keys. The memory of hailee on the beach drunk, spilling out her sober thoughts as she cried out. Y/n clenched her jaw before relaxing it.

Y/n looked out the window seeing the rain gently falling down. Wondering if hailee is okay with Niall. If thats where she wants to be. After school when y/n asked her to go with her, she didn't take her hand. She watched her get into his car. Her heart telling her to go to her, but she was scared. She didn't know what else to do.

Should I chase you down?
Or should I keep waiting?
Should I move on?
Or should I keep waiting? Can you see me?
(Or should I keep waiting?) I'm dancing on my own
(Should I move on?) Can you hear me?
(Or should I keep waiting?) I'm crying out for help
(Should I chase you down?) Is it ignorance?
Or selfishness?
(Or should I keep waiting?) You said stay here
But I'm running out of air (should I move on?)I hope you know
As I wait
I suffocate

Y/n stopped playing when she heard the door of her bedroom slide open. She didn't bother to turn and see who it was. She already knew, which made her clench her fist tightly, feeling her nails press deeper into her palm.

She smelled the freshly made food being brought in and the clinking and clanking of the plates meeting with the spoons or forks. Y/n saw everything from the corner of her eye but didn't pay attention.

"Here, eat" Isabelle said, placing the plate of pasta on top of the closed lid piano. Y/n looked up glaring at her cousin.

"What did I tell you about putting food on my piano" y/n said in a harsh whisper.

Isabelle didn't say anything, removing the plate instantly. She walked back towards the food cart and sat it down.

"Just eat. Drink water too" she said. She looked at her cousin defeatedly. She really hated being the bad guy, but there was only so much she could do. She loved her cousin and wanted her to be happy. Thats why she was doing everything in her power to forbid her from being with hailee. She just didn't want her little cousin to be heart broken again.

Y/n didn't say anything, standing up and walking towards her window. She stood there watching the rain fall, her back turned towards her cousin.

"I really am doing this for your own good. One day you'll see it" Isabelle said, but once again, y/n refused to speak.