All figured it Out

Coming back to the park through the cold weather and the light fall of snow, hailee felt like she had been away for a lifetime. She had, in fact, never left the small area, even after everything that had happened in her life.

The park that was surrounded by trees and private gate that belonged to the person who she had met in the very place. It had always brought her comfort of how beautiful and peaceful it was. When she was little she discovered this place during the many attempts she had run away from home. Wondering if such a place had ever been seen by the public.

She got her answer when y/n, late one night told her she found it when her and her dad wanted to go fishing. They got lost and found the area. The young celebrity, even back then talked about building a house in the area, and keeping the location a secret only the two knew. Hidden from the many other rich people in L.A who wanted to build on a beautiful property only to ruin it.

Y/n however didn't. She build her house, and kept the beautiful space she since made as her own play ground. A place to just get away and get lost from the world. A place hailee would always visit when y/n was traveling, away from her. At least when she was there, it felt like she was still with y/n, or at least some part of her.

Hailee gazed at the snug little gazebo that had its own build in fire pit. It was a lovely little place, despite the provincialism of its inhabitants. A clean, safe, and beautiful place to wander in thought. She always wondered how y/n was able to convince her mother to buy such property.

But... even as framed as it was from a distance, as perfect as any terribly twee landscape painting, hailee felt nothing but a slight twinge of future nostalgia. No sadness, no missing it, yet.

"So this is the place y/n would run off to when she was back in L.A" Niall grunted from beneath his hood, walking to catch up to hailee who by now was starting up the fire place. It was freezing, but the cold air cooled her from the emotions that had burned in her hurt.

"Yup" hailee said popping the P. "There used to be a small ravine that led up the hills and to a little lake. It's gone now. The California heat dried it up over the years." Hailee murmured.

"Maybe it wasn't meant to be," Niall said softly, immediately understanding what she meant. "Maybe we were always meant to disappear, one way or another,"

They were silent for a moment and the snow continue to fall gently.

"How have you been. Your birthday was a couple days ago. I wanted to buy you a gift but--"

"I'm not here to talk to you about myself, Niall" Hailee corrected gently but firm.

"Right" Niall's head dropped between his shoulders. She was right.

"The leaked song that apparently has your name even though it was y/n's in the first place. And now the sudden drug charge. Everything happening all at once. It's not a coincidence" Hailee said, frowning as the fire finally began to rise.

"I remember when we met, it was because of a song that played on the radio. It was at a cafe shop and the song came on and everyone was talking about it, but you just mumbled. I asked and you said you hated y/n" Niall began to reminisce.

"I never hated her, but I couldn't love her either. I hated not being able to listen to y/n. Because when I did, I just remembered why I had to leave her"

"What kind of power does she have...? After all that happened to you, you trust her?" Niall sighed.

"Let's just say that trust has been built between us."

"I see. Do you think she thinks so, too?"

"I don't care what she thinks about me right now. If there is a misunderstanding, she probably hurt because she feels betrayed. Since she decided to quiet her career, someone must of gone after her. Someone she trust."