05

Taehyung and Hyun-a's wedding was dubbed the event of the year by the entertainment industry. She's a well-loved actress who's known for her serious roles on screen but off it, she's a bubbly young woman who adores pretty things. Taehyung, aside from being the youngest of the well-known Kim family, is a model himself and loves luxury.

It's a fact that they're an incredibly good-looking couple, but beyond all the glitz and glamor are two people who truly love each other. You've seen it firsthand, as the banters and affection they display during the few family events that you've attended since marrying Seokjin don't seem fabricated to you. They're genuine, and even during your dinner and drink nights with the younger Kim, you've heard him endlessly talk about Hyun-a and the lovely babies they're going to make.

It's expected that they would have an extravagant celebration, and they will - in a grand ballroom with the view of the Seoul skyline against the Han River, with many from the entertainment and business industries attending. It's public, too.

But before that, they'll be having a private ceremony in France - which is where they met during a serendipitous trip - and only a handful of people are invited to the intimate but still lavish event in the Kim family's holiday home in Montauroux.

That's happening in a few weeks, but right now, what you're focused on is this afternoon's fitting that Seokjin's mother insisted you have. She'd taken the measurements of your wedding gown and used it to have dresses made for both affairs.

It's a Saturday and you're heading over to a luxury boutique store to see the semi-final outfits after you'd chosen the designs not long ago.

"Hey, ready to go?" Seokjin calls out from outside your bedroom.

"Yeah, I'm coming," you say, heading out the door and meeting him by the stairs. "I don't know why I'm nervous."

"They're just dresses, ___. And you literally went through weeks of gown fitting with my mother and you were fine," he reasons as you both exit the house then enter the car.

"Uh, I was losing my shit every time," you admit. "You know I'm not... made for these things."

"For what, exactly?"

"For glamor?"

You see the disappointment on his face when he asks, "since when did that matter?"

"It doesn't, but it's just... I've been accompanying you to social and business events with all these rich people, yes. But I can catch up with them," you explain. "I work in the field. I've been trained to engage with those kinds of people but the people who are gonna be at this wedding? They're celebrities, the most beautiful people in the world and I'm supposed to mingle with them? Beside you?"

"Hey, you're not so bad," he says, wincing when you pinch his arm. "I'm kidding! But honestly though, where is this coming from? Is someone making you feel bad about it or something?"

"No, not really. It just crossed my mind since there was an article about the guests at the wedding and I went from thinking that I'm probably gonna lose my mind from being starstruck, to wondering how I'm gonna keep up - looks-wise and others."

"No one has to keep up with anyone, ___," he tries to comfort. "You're you and they're them. There's something that makes them stand out and there's something that makes you stand out. It doesn't always have to be about looks."

"Gee, thanks for telling me I'm ugly."

"Yah! That's not what I meant!" he yells, laughing now as you've started to repeatedly pinch him. "I'm just saying, you have nothing to worry about. You have your own charm and charisma about you - looks-wise and others," he emphasizes. "You're not being kind to yourself whenever you think you're not pretty or good or glamorous enough."