14

You and Jin assess the meal preparations after your breakfast. The restaurant tasked to cater the wedding will be setting up in the indoor and outdoor kitchens to serve cocktails and dinner, and Taehyung and Hyun-a have asked both of you to check if everything is okay.

You both comply, knowing that especially for you, it's the least help you could give to them, as everyone else seems to be quite busy for the big day. You're offered some extra food for tasting and you couldn't resist, and it's enough to get you full for the rest of the early afternoon before the ceremony starts in a few hours.

You stay with Jin as he talks with Taehyung and with their parents until it's time to start preparing.

You take a shower first and start doing your makeup with your robe on. Jin exits the bathroom after some time with his robe on as well, saying that he'll dress up in the other room since he had his suit dry cleaned. He takes up as much time as you do in fixing up, and after a while, there's a knock on the door.

"Oh," Jin manages to say after a few seconds have passed. But you're not any better, he thinks; you're as wide-eyed as he is. "You look nice."

"Nice?" You cross your arms. "And here I was, about to tell my husband that he looks dashing and unbelievably handsome."

He chuckles as he enters the room. "Were you really?" He arches a brow.

"Yes. Not just anyone can pull off a look like this," you wink.

He's dressed in a printed collared button-down silk top under matching powder blue suit and trousers. Taehyung and Hyun-a didn't want the wedding to be too formal, with everyone required to be dressed in light colors or in simple, printed outfits. Jin looks like he could be on the cover of a summer edition of a high-end magazine, and could might as well be the star model of a fashion show. His exposed forehead and the masculine yet delicate feel of the outfit add to the charm. You're one lucky woman to be looking at this man for the rest of the day.

"But really, you're handsome, Jin. I... I wish I can keep up," you smile nervously.

"Hey," he says, taking your hand and lifting it, motioning for you to slowly turn around for him to see everything.

He takes in your look - the cream-colored floral printed dress is cinched on the waist and flows to the floor beautifully, but the neck and back lines are low, revealing enough skin that quite frankly, is making his mind short-circuit, especially after seeing you look pretty in your bathing suit the other day. Your hair is styled nicely and your jewelry pieces are the perfect accessories to your outfit. It screams so you, in that it's charming in its simplicity yet still elegant and confident.

"You look absolutely beautiful, ___," he assures. "I mean it."

You smile with more conviction this time and you feel lighter. Seeing his wrinkled collar, you reflexively fix it, your fingers grazing the back of his neck and then down his chest. His eyes follow and so do yours, until you're both looking at each other once again.

It's a soft intimate moment that you already feel guilty for having and even worse, enjoying; he has this ability to make you feel like you're the only one he can see when he looks at you, so you remove your hands from his body and ask if you should go down already. He nods, so you take your purse and follow his lead, softly gripping his hand when his fingers brush against yours.

You both briefly meet Taehyung in the sitting room that has a view of the venue where the wedding will take place, which is in the extended garden of the property. He's seated on the couch, dressed in his cream-colored suit, listening to his grandfather's collection of jazz records and humming calmly. He looks excited, and more than anything, he looks incredibly happy.