12

The drive to the beach is a little far, but it's not one you mind when you're in a van with the Kim siblings - bickering like it's all they know to do, and the little ones - bursting out in song randomly.

Taehyung brings up instances from their childhood that Jin and Sejeong correct him on, and it's debates and arguments from then on. It's hilarious, hearing them talk about it, especially about that time when Taehyung kept stealing Jin's clothes because he wanted to look like his older brother, and ended up cutting the cuffs of the older's favorite sweaters because they were too long.

Jin sits next to you, continuing his stories that only you can hear, and your laughter doesn't stop. You've found yourself clinging onto his arm and leaning on him, and something bubbles in his chest at the action.

The feeling started yesterday, actually, or perhaps it was the day before - at the village when you both went shop hopping and kept making all these dinner plans for when you get back home. He loved the idea, that the closeness you'd feigned here would continue. Even if making dinner for each other was always a natural and regular occurrence, the fact that you could both pinpoint the dish or the ingredient to that moment makes it more intimate and meaningful, in a way.

Then yesterday, when his talent was pretty much exposed to you, he felt embarrassed - he always enjoyed singing but abandoned the hobby in college when studying and working became the most important things to him. And he hasn't really sung in front of anyone aside from his family during karaoke nights, and to himself whenever he takes a shower.

He knew you were shocked but you were endeared, too. He could tell from whenever he glanced at you, as if you were savoring that side of him that allowed himself to let go, the side that was a little brave compared to how he normally is.

The fact that you could both go on teasing each other, to dancing without worries, to sharing a soft kiss like it was natural, shows the comfort he's starting to feel around you. He's always felt it, in a very straightforward, measured, and ironically guarded way. You'd both always kept your distance at home and in each other's personal lives, but being here in France a few days in, he already feels that distance slowly disappearing.

You finally arrive at the resort that you're checking into, which has access to a private beach. The rest of Jin's family will be leaving after dinner, but since you and your husband wanted to check out a nearby farmer's market, you decided to just stay the night.

The beach is stunning with clear blue waters and you want to dive right in. Jin, who's already in his coral pink swim shorts, takes your hand and urges you to walk faster.

You settle on the lounge chair and he immediately removes his shirt, leaving you too stunned to speak that you don't register him asking you to put sunblock on his back.

"Uh, sure," you feign a smile, mentally cursing at yourself for your eyes failing to move away from his form.

He's fit, surprisingly so. Not that you ever imagined him shirtless but the one time you did - no thanks to Dara's wild imagination - you had a vision of a lanky man with wide shoulders. That was pretty much it. But the man standing in front of you is definitely more than that.

His broad shoulders catch your attention immediately, but so do his collarbones and his toned chest. His abs are defined; the ridges make you think that he prefers his time in the gym over socializing - but then of course, he purchased the exercise equipment in your guesthouse so it should be no surprise that he spends a lot of time there. But all that fall into a tiny waist and then into oddly slender yet toned thighs and legs for days. You don't know what you were expecting but you're sure it wasn't this.