April's Artifact

Alison Pov
I smile as I help April clean up her new store. 

"I can't thank you guys enough. If it wasn't for you, I might never have been able to re-open the shop" April said. "Yeah, but if it wasn't for us, you'd still have the first shop," Leo said. "One hundred bucks for this thing?"Mikey said as he look at a manual typewriter. 

"It doesn't even have a monitor screen," he said. He lifts out the ribbon spool. " And what's with the weird floppy disk," he said then his fingers are covered in ink. "Hmm? Bleh," he said. He looks around and then hums to himself as he wipes his hands on the jacket of a suit. 

Mikey gasps when he sees the mess, and then whistles a tune as he spins it around so April doesn't see. I laugh then April look at me. I look away as I broom. "I'm telling ya', it should go in the front of the store"Raph yelled.

"Get your head out of your shell, it'll look way better in the back," Casey said. I giggle as I look at them. They were carrying a suit of armor. "Yo, Alison. Where do you think this should go?"Casey said. "I think...in the front," I said. "Told ya, "Raph said. 

"Nah. You are just agreeing with your boyfriend because you are in love with him" Casey said. "Wait...Raph...are we dating?"I said, with sarcasm. "I think we are if everyone keeps saying that. How come we don't know that?" he said then we laugh. Casey shook his head. 

"Now hurry up and finish this, boys~," I said. I hum as I move some boxes around. "That's it. Weapons, boys, fork 'em over" April said. "But, what if the Foot attack, or the Girl Scouts, or..." Mikey said as April collects all of their weapons. 

"You can survive without your weapons for one day," April said. She clears her throat as she approaches Raph. He hands over his sais. She glared at me. "Do I have to? I mean my fan is harmless" I said, showing her my fans. "Fine but give me your staff," she said. 

Donnie, Mikey, and Raph look at me with worried. "Um...sure...I can handle being without it" I said, handing it to her slowly. "Relax. It is just a staff"She said. "You know what? You're right, it should go in the front"Casey said. Raph growls in frustration. 

"Told you. You should have listened to me" I said. April sets the box of weapons down. She picks up a family portrait with a sigh. "At last, the O'Neil family portrait can assume its rightful place once again," April said and I took a closer look. "Who's the guy next to your dad?"I said. 

"Him? Oh, that's my Uncle Augie. August O'Neil. Heh"she said as she hangs up the portrait. "Uncle Augie was a real character, a head for figures, and a heart for adventure. He used to disappear for months on end, traveling the world. 

We wouldn't hear a word from him, and then suddenly, he'd just show up out of blue, with a fistful of trinkets and a million stories from his travels" She said. While she was talking, I managed to sneak past her and grab my staff. 

It turn really small that I could hide it in my pocket. I noticed a fly. It landed on my finger. I giggle then blew softly. The fly buzzes Raph and he tries to shake it away, but it lands on his face. "Then one day he just disappeared for good"April said. Raph tries blowing the fly off. 

"Aah! You want a piece of me, you little garbage-eatin' maggot?"He yells. Raph drops his end of the armor. The weight causes Casey to stumble backward, and then slam the armor into a China cabinet, destroying it and the dishware inside. 

Raph chases the fly, swatting at it until it's out the backdoor, which he promptly slams shut. "I hate bugs," he said. "And from the looks of it, you hate bone china teacups, porcelain figurines, and Depression glass, too," Donnie said then he look at me. 

I nod then went toward the remains. "Oh! You two, away from the breakables! Garbage detail, now!"April said. "Yes, ma'am," Raph said. "Sorry, ma'am," Casey said. Casey carries a box to the dumpster, but Raphael stops in the doorway and turns back towards April.