Legend of the 5 dragon

The episode begins at the Monastery, in the bedroom shared by the turtles, Splinter, and the Ancient One. 

Michelangelo rolls around on his mat and then finally sits up. "Ah, I can't sleep," Mikey said. His brothers sit up and Donatello yawns. "Me neither," Donnie said. "Shh. You'll wake the old guys" Raphael said. 

They look over to see Splinter and the Ancient One sitting cross-legged across from each other, their eyes closed. "They're not sleeping, they're meditating. There's a difference, Raph" Leo said as he play with his crystal. "Not in my book," Raph said. 

"Ah, so much danger. Never wanted this for them" Splinter mutter. "Ugh, Splinter, I cannot meditate with you muttering like that. Besides, my butt has fallen asleep" Ancient One said. Splinter lifts the teapot and pours out liquids into his cup.

"My apologies, Ancient One, but the Ninja Tribunal troubles me more each day. I cannot allow their foolish judgment to cost me, and my family. Not again" Splinter said. "Alison is ready. Your sons are capable, sort of"Ancient One said.

"Um, hello, we're like five feet away. How about showing a little tact?"Mikey said. The turtles approach the pair. "Master Splinter, when you say the Ninja Tribunal cost you your family, what-what are you talking about?"Leo said. 

"I am talking about my beloved Master Yoshi, and of a time in the past. Yoshi-san was a guardian then, pledged to protect the Utrom"Splinter said.

A flashback begins. 

Yoshi, Nancy, and the Ancient One have arrived at the monastery. They walk through the Oratory and approach the Ninja Tribunal, who are seated on their thrones.

"Yoshi and Nancy came to enlist the Ninja Tribunal's aid," Splinter said. "Yoshi was my prize pupil, but he insisted on becoming a Guardian"Ancient One narrates.

Yoshi bows to the Tribunal. "My lords, we must form an alliance. The Shredder's threat is beyond imagining"Yoshi said. "This alien bug imposter you call the Shredder is nothing to us. He is not a real Shredder" Chikara said. 

"Do not underestimate him. He may even channel the evil of the one you fear"Nancy said. "A distraction. We must remain vigilant against a return of the true Shredder" Kon said. "Masters, please reconsider"Ancient One said. 

"We have spoken. Go now, and trouble us no more...And I feel powerful energy in you"Kon said, pointing at Nancy. "Oh...Um, I'm pregnant" She said. "Yes..."Kon said, glaring at her stomach. Yoshi, Nancy, and the Ancient One turn and leave.

"The mighty Ninja Tribunal ignored my master's warnings, and because of the Tribunal's cold indifference, (Flashback to Shredder standing over a fallen Yoshi), one of the countless victims of the Utrom Shredder would be my Master Yoshi. And Alison...(Flashback of young Alison in chains). And the Tribunal did nothing" Splinter said. The Shredder strikes Yoshi down and then in a flash, grips Alison as she struggles to escape.

Return to the present.

"Nothing. Had the Tribunal heeded Yoshi, my master might be alive today" Splinter said. "The Tribunal sees a bigger picture than we do, Splinter. At least I hope they do"Ancient One said. "Is anybody gonna tell us what the shell is going on here?"Raph said. 

"Real Shredder, true Shredder, Utrom Shredder," Mikey said. "How many Shredders are there?"Donnie said. "And does this 'Shredder' also want Alison?"Leo said. "Yeah. The Ninja Tribunal seems protective over Alison for no reason" Raph said. 

Splinter and the Ancient One glance at each other and then back at the turtles. "My sons, it is time you know the true story of how this all began. Of an evil darker than all evils. A primal force of malevolence that was and is the original Shredder...And how Alison fit in this"Splinter said. "No one knows what level of the dark depths spawned him, but..."Ancient One said