Sacrifices

Kokichis pov

As my friends escaped through the door I felt a sense of pride fill my chest. This is it kokichi. You've finally proven yourself to be useful-

*rawr*

It's then that I noticed the bear lunging itself at me. It was almost as if the world had gone into slow motion. I watched the bear slowly inch towards me until..

"move it kid!"

I was roughly shoved to the floor. I looked up in horror to see Leon standing over me with a bear hanging off his arm. Blood dripped down his arm but he still managed a smile.

"get out of here kokichi and make sure sayaka and the others make it out safe too"

"what are you taking about?" I said shakely "you have to come too!"

"come on kiddo. You know we can't all make it out of here alive" he gave me a sad smile "I'll hold them back. I am the strongest and coolest one here"

"but" I held a hand up to him the other bears quickly latched onto him. At this rate he'll be mauled to death "no" I ran towards him "no Leon you can't die!"

But I was quickly stopped by Kazzy "kokichi I can't let you throw your life away. Even if it means throwing away Leon's" he said painfully "I'm sorry but we have to go"

"but what about Leon?" sayaka turned pale.

"it's t-too late for him" toko grabbed her arm "c-come on. Don't let his d-death be for n-nothing"

"no Leon" I cried "Leon... LEON!"

But my cries fell on deaf ears.