Surviving Together

Kokichis pov

"we still haven't found mom" I sighed as I played with the whipped cream in my hot coco. It's been two weeks since we arrived at towa city and I still haven't found mom. Part of me wonders if I'll ever see her again.

"hey chin up buddy" Leon said reassuringly "the city huge! I'm sure we'll eventually run into her"

"that's right honey now finish your hot coco" sayaka said in a motherly tone.

I nodded as I picked my cup up and drank it. The hot liquid felt nice going down my throat. Just as I was about to finish..

*crash*

Just then what looked like a black and white teddy bear crashed through the window and mauled the face of the person behind us. I covered my mouth in horror. I've never seen something so gruesome!

"get down" Leon quickly shoved the three of us under the table before getting down himself. We huddled together, trembling like newborn deers. What will we do if they catch us?

We watched in silence as person after person was ripped apart. After a while the teddy bears seemed preoccupied with a high school girl holding a microphone.

"this is our chance" Leon said firmly "run for it!"

As so we booked it out of the cafe only to realise there're even more outside! We ran and ran together just like we did back at home...

Until we caught sight of the radio tower.