Taking Him Home

Ibukis pov

I ran back home with the small boy in my arms. He was shivering even with my coat on. I have to get home before he catches a cold!

"mommy!" I yelled as I ran inside the house.

"ibuki Mioda where on earth were you-" she was in the middle of chewing me out when her eyes landed on the boy "who is that?"

"I found him in the park" I explained "he was out all night and he's very cold"

"bring him in then" mom ordered "to the living room dear and bring some blankets"

"yes mommy"

I brought him to the living room and wrapped him in as many blankets as I could find. He was covered in so many bundles that all we could see were his large eyes. I giggled. He's so cute!

"ahh there we go" mom sighed as she lit a fire "now he'll be warm in no time" she turned to us and giggled "maybe not so many blankets ibuki. The poor boy will boil"

"oh good idea" I giggled as I pealed off some layers. The boy curled up into a ball and soon fell asleep.

"that poor child" mommy muttered as she ran her fingers through his hair "he's so little to have been left alone in the cold like that. I wonder where his parents could be"

I layed my head against her shoulder "what going to happen to kokichi mommy?"

"Well we'll just have to take care of him until we find his mommy and daddy won't we?" she smiled at me.

"yep I promise I'll take good care of him" I said determinedly.

"I know you will honey" she kissed me on the nose "you're such a good girl after all" she looked away suddenly "I'm sorry about this morning sweet pea. I know you hate hearing us fight"

"it's ok mommy. I'm fine now" I said quickly. I hated seeing her sad.

"that's good baby" mommy held me close. I nuzzled into her chest happily. Things feel better now.